Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Rmax X2 X4 Skid Plates ?

Trying to see the skid plate options out there for the Rmax x4.
I've seen Factory UTV's recent post over the weekend saying they now offer UHMW skid plates for this model.
there was a coupon code "Rmax" in the post,
i know for years Factory UTV has had forum discount codes posted in other forums like "skidplates" or "sliders".

just wondering if any one has tried these yet or if anyone has any review on them ?
and if any ones been able to make the coupon codes work (looking of the best deal)

i know some place's make aluminum ones, but I'm just looking for UHMW or the plastic kind that don't dent up, trying to save the nerf bars on the sides, I've dinged them up a few times now. *(realizing its part of the frame)

Tire Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

thanks for the feed back, just wanted to check if anyone else has them before i bit it and click buy.

here's a link to the Facebook post i mentioned

and i found there web pages here
skid plate at factoryutv.net

and they had a link to the YouTube video in the post on the page,
Video on youtube

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

Automotive parking light Tire Automotive tail & brake light Wheel Automotive lighting

·
Registered
13 Posts
Forgive my lack of knowledge but the skid plate options have always confused me.. I've got a base rmax4 and it appears to already have a skid plate all the way down it. As far as I know it was standard equipment.

Are these better skid plates or additional ones or did mine come with something that isn't standard,?

·
Registered
13 Posts
All come with the full metal. These are UHMW which will not bend or dent. They also are slick and help slid over obstacles.
I thought mine was plastic. When I took off the front piece that wraps up by the winch I know it was plastic. The large piece further back appeared to match but I didn't bother checking it at the time. Curious now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How fast does the Yamaha x4 go?

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha RMAX 2 XT-R 1000
1,548 Posts
Sorry, no. The X4 tops out around 55 ish mph. He must be meaning the Rmax4. Seems people keep getting the two confused terminology wise. The X4 has an 850 engine, Rmax has the 1000 engine that tops out around 72 ish.

·
Registered
RMAX-4 LE
71 Posts
Factory UTV needs to fix their info: there is no RMAX X2 or X4 model. The skids look great. I have the Trail Armor 1/2" UHMW skids and I like the tree kicker flare out design. Looks like FactorUTV used the same design, but added the additional option of stand alone tree kickers. I am expecting that the skid flares will protect the skimpy Yamaha sliders w/o having to add additional protection.

The Yamaha metal skid is substantial on its own, but the UHMW is well worth the extra weight and cost for those that bottom out on the rocks on their rides. And as said above, the machine will just slide over rocks w/o a lot of noise and help prevent getting high-centered. Looks like @Htsauce Has some significant scrapes and dents in the underside and would benefit from UHMW skids. I would probably only buy the Rocksliders if I didn't have the full skids with the flare-outs.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
I thought mine was plastic. When I took off the front piece that wraps up by the winch I know it was plastic. The large piece further back appeared to match but I didn't bother checking it at the time. Curious now.
Only the bash plate (part around and under the winch) is plastic. The rest is metal. Also that plastic bash plate is not very strong. Plastic and UHMW are too completely different materials IMO.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sorry, no. The X4 tops out around 55 ish mph. He must be meaning the Rmax4. Seems people keep getting the two confused terminology wise. The X4 has an 850 engine, Rmax has the 1000 engine that tops out around 72 ish.
Yes RMAX. Seems Yamaha has some brand confusion or at least I do. I'm still not sure what my machine is and I've had it for a few months

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Kinda blurry, but looks like a base model RMAX4 1000.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Kinda blurry, but looks like a base model RMAX4 1000.
Yea I'm pretty sure that's what it is. I just get hung up in all the names. I guess RMAX4 AND X4 seems like a shorthand version of the same thing.

Then I see rspec which seems to be a base model rmax but again I'm not sure.

Mine is an RMAX 4 1000 BASE model. Just get confused on the other models references sometimes

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yea I'm pretty sure that's what it is. I just get hung up in all the names. I guess RMAX4 AND X4 seems like a shorthand version of the same thing.

Then I see rspec which seems to be a base model rmax but again I'm not sure.

Mine is an RMAX 4 1000 BASE model. Just get confused on the other models references sometimes
BTW now I know x4 and rmax 4 are not the same thing

·
Registered
2021 RMAX 4 Base
13 Posts
I am running yamaha umhw skids. No bash yet. Rock sliders, alum. Great fit, easy install, good stuff.
Yea my RMAX 4 skid plate is metal and the bash plate is plastic. Moving the skid to a plastic based something would be worth doing in my mind to help when high centered. Seems like it'd slide off easier but that may be faulty logic.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts