Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm new to this forum stuff and first time posting. I just want to break in and ask y'all if anybody has a recommendation for a spare wheel for the Rmax?

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
I had a 2020x4 and bought a spare tire mount that attaches to the 1.75" cross bar behind the rear seat. Ended up selling the x4 and bought an Rmax4 and figured I would use the same spare tire mount. Turns out bolt pattern is different. So I cut and rewelded the stud to the right place. I am getting inquiries on YouTube about my mount and explained what I described above. I got mine on UTV Direct. Don't think they have them for Rmax yet. I going to buy the bed extender from Dirt road fabrication which offers spare tire mount and rotopax mount. Kind of pricey but very well built.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i was looking at one of the single post clamp style mounts, but it was odd fitment, mounting is just kind of awkward with out a different cross bar. the x4 is a little high for my liking and blocks the center rear view, i have an rmax x4, but i would assume that would be difficult for the x2 with the bed, but then again other places make a bed mount for the older molders, i wonder if it would fit (maybe with a wheel adapter )

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
i was looking at one of the single post clamp style mounts, but it was odd fitment, mounting is just kind of awkward with out a different cross bar. the x4 is a little high for my liking and blocks the center rear view, i have an rmax x4, but i would assume that would be difficult for the x2 with the bed, but then again other places make a bed mount for the older molders, i wonder if it would fit (maybe with a wheel adapter )
My single post mount sucks because: obscures rear view mirror, hits my tailgate and hits my roof. This is with a 30x10 wheel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts