Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never had a soft cab and I think I'm going to add one to the Rmax 4 LE that I'm buying. I have very high confidence in the Yamaha soft products from my using the back panel on my Gen 1 - it was very durable and fade resistant. I'm really thinking about the SXS enclosures version based on their fast removal of the side panel and slightly cheaper cost. That just looks like a really slick design to me. I also really like supporting small business. I don't want to buy the Yamaha back panel if I end up going another direction for the sides. I have no doubt that the Yamaha side panels would function just fine but think I would get better airflow with side removal. If I buy the Yamaha version, I would use @MassiveOverkill 's pinch between the door panel installation method to alleviate damaging the doors. All input appreciated.

Reactions: MassiveOverkill

·
Registered
2021 Rmax4 XT-R
46 Posts
Well I bought a sxs enclosure for my rxax4 xtr. I bought it around Christmas time and it’s a 6 week lead time. I’m hoping it’ll be here mid February then I can report back.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I realize I'm waiting a long time for either one at this point. I'll gladly wait for the right solution for the long term. I used @PapaSkeeta 's side panels for a couple years on my Gen 1 and they made a world of difference and were cheap! I may use the same basic premise as a starting point until I can get what I want. Who knows... maybe that will be enough for me. I look forward to your feedback @KentuckyBuckeye. Congrats on making it to the title game - sorry they came up short. B1G fan here.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Well I bought a sxs enclosure for my rxax4 xtr. I bought it around Christmas time and it’s a 6 week lead time. I’m hoping it’ll be here mid February then I can report back.
Same here.

I went with the rivets. I think it will look good on the XTR. I already had to put holes in the front fenders for the Yamaha Poly fold down so some more holes should tie everything in to give it a battlefield look.

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
2,973 Posts
My other reason for snapless install is WHEN someone makes upper doors for the RMAX, I can sell my soft cab with the original snaps that weren't used (I'd still recommend to the buyer to try my snapless install) and I can install the upper doors without the scarred look of the snaps still there. Mud gets inside the bottom flap and that scratches up the plastic\painted surface really bad. Of course you don't see it with the cab installed, but some remove their soft cab in the summer vs rolling the windows back.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Good point but part of my reasons for going with the Green is I don't car if it gets dirty and scratched (and no LEs available in my area). If I had the gorgeous Blue, then I would want to keep it looking as good for as long as possible.

·
Premium Member
2021 RMAX2 poly windshield front skid plat and a arm protectors rear brush guard and still stuff on
65 Posts
I bought one before xmas and still waiting as well

·
Registered
7 Posts
I went with the factory soft top yes I had to put in holes for the rivets . I did not like the idea of the Velcro .Everything stay in place when I was riding the trail. You can still open the window without it coming out you roll it all the way back and there is a strap that holds it in place also a snap not Velcro. I fit it between the shoulder bolster and the seat. You won’t even know it’s there. Also got a few hundred miles of towing in a open trailer that way on the highway when it was rolled back never came apart we got loose.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts