647 Posts
Super stable. And I love the stance
I bet your stance width is close to 70”. I think it looks cool 😎

·
Registered
RMAX 2 XT-R
955 Posts
Super stable. And I love the stance
I have 4+3 and it's quite the game changer as well with 32's....

A friend put 2" spacers on a stock 2021 Rmax2 limited and dropped the preload to a full parallel axle configuration with stock 30" carnivores. He's not a crawler and clearance was his last concern. That thing was one bad ass drifter. He was hanging with some turbo RZR 's and X3's in the gravel roads a few weeks ago in Royal Blue. I was shocked at how well it handled. I couldn't hang, I'm on 32's with increased ground clearance for crawling.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Again a testament to the flexibility of the the machine with very little mods.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Rmax crawling the Escalator like child’s play!

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
UpChuck on Behind The Rocks trail. I love my wet clutch!

How NOT to do UpChuck:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Getting it done in Mickeys Hot Tub on Hells Revenge! 😅

·
Registered
2021 RMAX 2 XT-R
647 Posts
Getting it done in Mickeys Hot Tub on Hells Revenge! 😅
That was insane man! Mickeys Hot Tub is straight up 😱

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
That was insane man! Mickeys Hot Tub is straight up 😱
It’s actually steeper than the big hot tub up on top. The big one is just more than twice as high coming out.

How far back are you in the bush if a machine needs towed out? That first RZR on upchuck looked like it might need a tow.
To that obstacle, it’s a good ways. Not really sure on mileage. The biggest problem in towing isn’t the distance, but some of the obstacles in between that cant always be bypassed.
When it’s real bad, there are some rock crawling wreckers in Moab that provide full time service to the area.

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
4,093 Posts
Moab epicness, CHECK!
No vertical video, CHECK!
240p resolution, WTH!!! :p

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Moab epicness, CHECK!
No vertical video, CHECK!
240p resolution, WTH!!! :p
Lol. I’m not techy.
A lot of those videos get sent from family. I think the quality goes down by the time I get it uploaded.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX 2 XT-R
647 Posts
What psi are you running in your tires?

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
What psi are you running in your tires?
I’ve went as low as 6 but you can really press the wheel up against a rock step. 7/8 works well.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX 2 XT-R
647 Posts
I’ve went as low as 6 but you can really press the wheel up against a rock step. 7/8 works well.
Nice! I could hear the tires barking in the video.

Reactions: Budro2

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Reactions: Hahny

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I wanted to share one of the funnest trails and obstacles I’ve ever done.
We only filmed one obstacle so I’m going to post Blown Budget doing the trail because it shows the nature of it.
It’s called The Fallen. Each obstacle is dedicated to the fallen of a particular war!
Bedrock Font Road surface Landscape Gas

The Rmax did all of these obstacles shown, except the short vertical wall in the beginning of the video. I don’t think any side by side would be able to pull it off at this point. It’s too dug out at the bottom making it much more challenging.
I like Blown Budget videos and they don’t care what they destroy for the sake of action. They are good drivers as well. Both times Josh tips over are completely unavoidable but on the second one he was trying a more difficult line and everyone in my group found that wall to be tricky and put us on the brink of upside down till we realized the line went against natural instincts. Turned out to be quite easy after realizing what to do.
On the obstacle, The Fallen of Iraq, you will see the struggles Blown Budget encounters, including just getting up into the obstacle to start. Kudos to them for getting it done anyway. I will post a video of the ideal way, watching rock crawling legend Craig Stumph. They refer to it as Gavins Corner.

My brother tried this ahead of me in the KRX but never got up high enough on the wall. It looked perfect at first but after he turned the corner he was down in the crack with the passenger rear and could never recover. There’s not much room to move around in there so he finally gave up and drove out like Blown Budget.
Here also is a video I took of Rock Buggies just ahead of us in line on the same obstacle.

I wanted to show this so others can appreciate the nimbleness, and capabilities of the Rmax in comparison to big sport modified machines. There were probably 30 people and 20 machines hanging around videoing and watching when I entered the obstacle behind the rock buggy crew. I’m pretty sure most were thinking, what is this guy doing?, as I drove up. When i exited I got several huge compliments and I’d bet most people watching were shocked at how easily the Rmax pulled it off.

Wood Font Grave Landscape Grass

👆
Hey, Blown Budget, that’s how ya do it!

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
4,093 Posts
Are you telling me that was the same exact obstacle in the entire post?!?!

121 - 140 of 157 Posts