Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
101 - 120 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,490 Posts
Rmax does the famed Pritchett Canyon in Moab. The toughest trail Moab has to offer, outside of area BFE which is private! We were told by by different parties we talked to before the trip that it would be mandatory to have 1-2 straps attached to the cage at numerous places in the canyon with other people holding the machines to prevent tipping over. Some videos we watched certainly showed that while others didn’t. Some videos showed people winching on all 3 of the worst obstacles. Rocker Knocker, Chewy, and Axle Hill.

Unfortunately I had to pull the rope on Rocker Knocker. The obstacle I wanted to get done more than anything. We had 5 jeeps waiting on us we didn’t want to hold up to long and it had rained the night before and was lightly snowing. I was last to go of 4 UTVs and the rock was wet with mud from the 3 previous cars. I was a whisper away from pulling it off 3 times but finally decided to winch to get out of the jeeps way. I’m confident on dry ground I’ll get it done so a redemption run of the canyon will be in order. In watching the video clips it appears it probably would have got it done that day if it was stock width. One of the times added width may have been a hindrance.

We didn’t do any video of the Sauce Pot but it proved to be an easy task for the Rmax and with its shorter wheelbase it handled it best in our group.

There is so little content out there on the Rmax vs other machines that in research of a trip I often wonder, can the Rmax do that. I often have to find out for myself. It’s nice to see another machine of the same type do it before hand for confidence because when you get there these obstacles are flat intimidating in person the first time you roll up to them.
I hope some of these vids give confidence to others that decide they may want to try some of these tough trails. More often than not when I watch our own content and that of people we watched before the trip, the Rmax and KRX with wet clutch’s do just about everything smoother and easier than the videos we see where tires are spinning like crazy all the time and people are on 3 wheels. A lot of these videos out there present ACTION and make it look worse than it has to be. I find our clips to be boring in comparison much of the time LOL.
You are the RMAX rock crawling king! I really enjoyed watching those. Definitely confidence inspiring as DirtRoadWarrior said. Love the fact that your putting footage like that out there in an RMAX for the world to see. Keep em coming man.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX 2 XT-R
647 Posts
You are the RMAX rock crawling king! I really enjoyed watching those. Definitely confidence inspiring as DirtRoadWarrior said. Love the fact that your putting footage like that out there in an RMAX for the world to see. Keep em coming man.
The rock crawling king indeed!!!

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
4,093 Posts
Yamaha ought to send you a free Helmet and gloves and then just use your videos for sales promotions.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
4WD or diff lock. A couple of times it looked like one of the front tires wasn't pulling (watching on a small screen). Also did you paint the Yamaha on the tail gate or get a sticker. Thanks for sharing the videos.
It’s in diff lock on all of those obstacles.
I painted the letters on the tail gate.

Reactions: therebel19

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
You simply inspire confidence. I've been challenging myself to do things in my RMAX that I wouldn't do in my Jeep. Keep 'em comin'!
BTW. Can't find these new vids on your You Tube (Videos) page...yet.
That’s odd!
I’ll have a look at it and see if I can figure out why.

·
Registered
2022 Rmax sport
637 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 RMAX 2 XT-R
647 Posts
Yamaha ought to send you a free Helmet and gloves and then just use your videos for sales promotions.
Better yet, I think Yamaha should put him on their payroll. Budro2 would make one heck of a test pilot for them. I mean the stuff he’s doing with the Rmax is beyond incredible 👉

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Better yet, I think Yamaha should put him on their payroll. Budro2 would make one heck of a test pilot for them. I mean the stuff he’s doing with the Rmax is beyond incredible 👉
Thanks for all the kind words guys!
There are still some things at Sand Hollow I haven’t got the nerve up to try.
Im slowly realizing the real potential of these machines and getting more confidence but some of these obstacles get pretty high. Tipping over is one thing but rolling over and over is another.
You Gotta Be Nuts is really in my head.
Ive climbed steeper and more technical obstacles that are short in height and at this point I feel certain the Rmax can get up it but my brain is still holding me back.
If I ever do it I’ll be sure to post it.
If an Rmax has done it I haven’t seen anything on it.

·
Registered
2021 Red-neck Edition RMAX2 XT-R
1,350 Posts
With Corporate sponsorship comes Corporate obedience. I don't believe Budro2 will give up his freedoms (and his riding buddies) to abide to Corporate "Rules" for a couple of Yen.
Not worth it in my book.
Just keep doing what you love doing.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha RMAX 2 XT-R 1000
1,693 Posts
Thanks for all the kind words guys!
There is are still some things at Sand Hollow I haven’t got the nerve up to try.
Im slowly realizing the real potential of these machines and getting more confidence but some of these obstacles get pretty high. Tipping over is one thing but rolling over and over is another.
You Gotta Be Nuts is really in my head.
Ive climbed steeper and more technical obstacles that are short in height and at this point I feel certain the Rmax can get up it but my brain is still holding me back.
If I ever do it I’ll be sure to post it.
If an Rmax has done it I haven’t seen anything on it.
Yah, some things are just physically impossible for that width and length, don't barrel roll it or flip it backwards! It's too hard to get parts 🤨

·
Registered
2021 RMAX 2 XT-R
647 Posts
Was going to get mirrors but have friends breaking them off trail riding... so whent with mirror camera instead with night vision cheaper also
Nice Old man! You’re build is getting BIGGER by the day 😂

Reactions: Old man

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
You simply inspire confidence. I've been challenging myself to do things in my RMAX that I wouldn't do in my Jeep. Keep 'em comin'!
BTW. Can't find these new vids on your You Tube (Videos) page...yet.
I fixed my channel in YouTube studios.
There were a bunch of videos on it that weren’t made public.
More to come soon.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX 2 XT-R
647 Posts
101 - 120 of 157 Posts