Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I’d bet that will burn up the wet clutch pretty fast!
Jared at Big Pine Sports said 32s and later I’ve been told 33s without rubbing.
I’m assuming the wet clutch will be like the X model in that it can’t be slugged so my personal opinion is over 32s will spell trouble.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
If I was going to run 35s, it would be a dedicated mud runner and would have a more aggressive tread than that. I don't play in the mud too much anymore so its not for me. I could see some guys loving it. Other mods will propably be needed for longevity.

·
Registered
199 Posts
It looks like you lost a bunch of wheel travel and will have major hard rubbing in rough terrain.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just because you can does not mean you should.

I just had new 35s and wheels fitted to my pickup. I picked up the old 35s and wheels for spares. Damn they are heavy.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The bigger the tire the smoother the trail gets and the better the car can climb ledges. Of course there are always consequences when going bigger. I m very curious to see what works without destroying the clutch, axles, CV joints, ball joints or steering components and allows full wheel travel . My guess is 32s. If I had a set of wheels laying around I would have already tried. I know others will try this and I look forward to copying if they succeed! Not really any different than seeking more power or acceleration.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
1,762 Posts
Looks horrible. Definitely need a lift kit to make tires that size look properly proportional.

Reactions: Ghost23 and Budro2

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
1,762 Posts
The RMAX will turn those 35"s like NOTHING when we get some portals on there! :p I'm looking forward to seeing the first one on portals and some 4D's! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
There ya go. Gotta have that lift kit. Can't wait to see one either. I'm sure you guys are on it.

Reactions: SuperATV

·
Registered
635 Posts
Those are just too big for the RMAX in its current form!

Thinking of going in the opposite direction when mine arrives...I'm thinking Schwinn bicycle wheels with those fatty beach tires mounted...yeah, sweet...! :cool:

·
Registered
2021 X4
195 Posts
These things are underpowered to begin with, those would make it unusable except going down hill in low range.

Reactions: Ghost23

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha RMAX 2 XT-R 1000
1,153 Posts
The comparable, the General, is 100 hp. Polaris turbo S is 168, not a fair comparison. In it's naturally aspirated class, I believe it is on top of the heap. It's not underpowered.

·
Registered
2021 X4
195 Posts
Yamaha overall if you did flagship machines vs flagship machines is horrifically underpowered.
I got yamaha purely for reliability and utility, and honestly the wheelbase. But for power, they are definitely underwhelming. The rmax to me felt lethargic compared to the 1000xp, but weight may be a factor too, these yamahas are insanely heavy, my x4 is tiny compared to 4 seat rzr, but weighs almost 400 lbs more.

Reactions: Ghost23
1 - 20 of 37 Posts