Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone new to the site and Yamaha community. I was hoping someone had pics or instruction on how the OEM glass windshield is installed. I cant find anything yet. Thanks.

Registered
There is a reason for that. They are about as common as a purple Sasquatch! I have been waiting since my purchase, forecast then was December (now). Looks like my folding OEM plastic one will have to make due until next year...

When you get that thing mounted let us know how you like it!

-Cheers! 馃嵒

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
There is a reason for that. They are about as common as a purple Sasquatch! I have been waiting since my purchase, forecast then was December (now). Looks like my folding OEM plastic one will have to make due until next year...

When you get that thing mounted let us know how you like it!

-Cheers! 馃嵒
Will do. My dealer said there were 10 in stock in the CA warehouse...?

Registered
Daaaaang!
How many miles is that from upstate New York? Got contact info for that Dealer??

Premium Member
mid to late Jan. Here in Appleton Wi. picked up my r/max 2 1000 in late Sept.
Welcome to the forums!! I'm about an hour and a half north of you up in Crivitz!!

Registered
Hello, I,m about 1 hour north of Crivitz, in Iron Mountain. My glass windshield and rear window are sometime in Jan. also.
kenner

Registered
Says it's a two and a half hour job. Should take two or three beers, can't be sure, I'm on the wagon, this is "Dry January" for me. No room to work in the garage and its raining at 28F outside in the driveway. Looks like tomorrow I'll post the install !

Reactions: Gregger17

Registered
Just got in from the garage. Thee fit and finish of this windshield is top notch! Very nice looking. I have taken a few pics along the install and will post them soon...

Reactions: michdave

Registered
Glad to see they are finally delivering the glass windshields, been waiting since September for it. Contacting my dealer today to see where my is.

Registered
OK, received some good news from my dealer today, both front and rear OEM glass windows are in.

Happy camper now.

kenner

Registered
One of the bigger accessory suppliers showed the rear glass windshield in stock and shipping in 2-3 days. I sent them an email to confirm availability before handing them my money and they replied back with "backordered until 2/5"... I'm assuming that is in 2021.

Has anyone seen the hard rear windshield for the RMAX2? I've not been able to locate so much as a picture of one installed. The single image on Yamaha's accessory page is all I ever seen and it's not installed on a RMAX2.

Their website claims anticipated availability starting in December. Just curious if any exist or is that image just a 3D rendering? It's kind of spendy but damn I want one, I wonder if your dealer will ship?

Mike

Registered
I've got one on my machine.

Reactions: leogast and Hahny

Registered
They are spendy! I went back and forth on the cost of it, finally bit the bullet and now glad I did. They're very well made and are easily installed, install probably took 20 minutes or so.

It'll be nice in the summer to crack open the flip-up windshield and open the rear sliding glass, should be some really good airflow.

Registered
That really looks good. I'm not a big fan of the multi-piece poly aftermarket solutions. The Yami soft rear is 250 bucks and was little concerned about durability. Besides that, given my age it's probably the last machine I'll ever own and it want it to be nice.

Approximately how much space is there between the inside of the window and the "V" shaped crossbars of the ROPS? I'm adding 4 point harnesses, is there room for an 1 1/2" tube to run between the "B" pillars?

Thanks,
Mike

1 - 20 of 25 Posts