Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

How is your FM radio reception in your rmax LTD?

• My radio gets terrible FM reception, to none

Votes: 36 81.8%
  • My radio picks up some channels

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • My radio picks up all FM channels similar to my automobile

Votes: 1 2.3%
101 - 120 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Yamaha did not make it nor did they do ANY QC on any of these aftermarket electronics that they included installed in the RMAX.

No different than the POS Magellan Adventure Pro and it's lovely mount. Complete rubbish.

Magellan or SSV get these huge orders from manufacturers and they cut cost to make money and we end up with poor designs that in no way match up to the quality standards Yamaha has been known for.

Pretty hard for Yamaha to fix the problem when it may be the design of the electronics board installed in the radio unit that is the problem. They should be on SSV to fix the problem but doubt Yamaha will push anyone to do anything.

Yamaha should have long ago knew the Magellan mount for the AP was garbage. Same/similar design has been failing for 2-3 years before they put it in the RMAX.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX 2 LE ..... 2021 X2 Rspec
43 Posts
SSV troubleshooting issue for us.. Good. Possible signal interference from Magellan or IQS systems??? RZR ride command had some previous issues like this I am being told? Any Base models with ssv radio and good reception??
Thank you for helping continue to push on this.I am not at my machine right now, soi I am hoping there is a fix. Keep us in the loop on what to do next

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
4,155 Posts
With either your machine being new and its faulty and in warranty a replacement must be provided and installed by the dealer. Yamaha doesn't make a lot of the parts but they're specifiying what goes into the machine. Seems lile knowone is pushing their dealers or Yamaha in the USA as Canada is like a different company and warranty is different.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX 2 LE ..... 2021 X2 Rspec
43 Posts
With either your machine being new and its faulty and in warranty a replacement must be provided and installed by the dealer. Yamaha doesn't make a lot of the parts but they're specifiying what goes into the machine. Seems lile knowone is pushing their dealers or Yamaha in the USA as Canada is like a different company and warranty is different.
I don't think anyone here disagrees with what you are saying in concept. The dealers (At leat mine and a few here) are not stepping up to the plate on this, claiming that the warranty for SSV comes from them. Similar to a tire warranty on your brand new car. The dealer may try to intervene, but in the end, it is the Tire, or in this case radio mfg discretion. SSV is telling Yamaha they are fine.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
4,155 Posts
That BS, have them buy the SSV back and get your own option. LOL

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Yamaha did not make it nor did they do ANY QC on any of these aftermarket electronics that they included installed in the RMAX.

No different than the POS Magellan Adventure Pro and it's lovely mount. Complete rubbish.
Exactly, but they should though as they are offering them as part of their overall product. I'd like to see what they could have come up with if both had been designed in house or at least gave a second thought about using something "aftermarket".

·
Registered
2021 Wolverine Rmax2
40 Posts
Just for a reference, I had the same SSV system in my Honda Talon and the FM worked fine. They may have some navigation interference going on.
Vehicle Car Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
22 Posts
After the dealer did nothing with it last week I ordered this antenna from Amazon like a couple people on here suggested. Actually pick up 4 stations at my house now compared to zero before. I said screw, good enough and stuck it to back window.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My FM radio scrolls endlessly and can't pick up channels. It's at the dealer now and they claim it works fine, and yamaha says they don't know of an issue. I have heard several folks complain here though. I suspect it is a design flaw, who else is having issues? If you have a LE please vote!
Just brought home a brand new one called the dealer no radio reception

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha RMAX 2 XT-R 1000
1,540 Posts
Or simply turn off wi fi that you are not using anyway?

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha RMAX 2 XT-R 1000
1,540 Posts
Sounds like the right antenna up and away from the dash area is the solution?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Well, i'd been texting back and forth with one of the reps from SSV and we ultimately had a phone conversation.
. We had a discussion in regards to the issue and it seems pretty conclusive that the main problems are with the LE units with the radios installed from the factory.
He had me run through a little troubleshooting and they believe there must be some type of interference on the LE models only.
He is genuinely concerned over the issue and the company is well aware of the problems and they are actively seeking a solution.
It's kind of hard to grasp that it would only be on the LE models but from what i've learned reading this thread is those that put the system in on the XTR or base models are not having any issues.

·
Registered
2021 Wolverine Rmax2
40 Posts
I noticed when I ordered a crappy under hood mount antenna that if I held it up in the air I had good reception. It was a $7.00 dollar model so I did not want to mount it out from under the hood. I ordered this one from crutchfeild and will try it this weekend. If it works good I will mount it on the cowl like the ones on our cars and trucks. I will report back.
Font Circle Auto part Fashion accessory Pattern

101 - 120 of 154 Posts