Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

How is your FM radio reception in your rmax LTD?

• My radio gets terrible FM reception, to none

Votes: 36 81.8%
  • My radio picks up some channels

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • My radio picks up all FM channels similar to my automobile

Votes: 1 2.3%
81 - 100 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Dropped it at dealer and when service guy asked if there was anything else to look at besides first service I said yes radio. Told him it sucks and picks up nothing. He sort of chuckled and said that is how radios go in side by sides. Said I'm better off with bluetooth anyhow. Told him my buddy bought an rmax 4 from them a couple months before me and his sucks too. Told him I had rerouted the antenna a couple of times and still nothing and he said they would look into it but they really don't do much with radios. I'm guessing they won't even look at it.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
4,155 Posts
they don't have to. Ask for a replacement they should work or get a credit for the value of it. LOL

·
Registered
2021 RMAX 2 LE ..... 2021 X2 Rspec
43 Posts
Dropped it at dealer and when service guy asked if there was anything else to look at besides first service I said yes radio. Told him it sucks and picks up nothing. He sort of chuckled and said that is how radios go in side by sides. Said I'm better off with bluetooth anyhow. Told him my buddy bought an rmax 4 from them a couple months before me and his sucks too. Told him I had rerouted the antenna a couple of times and still nothing and he said they would look into it but they really don't do much with radios. I'm guessing they won't even look at it.
Basically the same thing my dealer told me when I picked it up.. This is why I want SSV to fix it, or come up with a way for me to get reception.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
4,155 Posts
It should be like auto dealer(also don't do much) but if they don't work they swap it with a new head. Knowone else is doing it. Yamaha tech need to swap out the bad ones they sold you with the machine.
THE END

·
Registered
43 Posts
It is not just Yamaha Folks. I doubt SSV will do anything for us. I think Yamaha should look for a different vendor for their radio..

·
Registered
78 Posts
Setting aside all the problems with the "factory" system, can you plug an aftermarket antenna into the head unit? If so, I'd spend $100 bucks and get a good antenna, despite having been wronged by yamaha and SSV.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Setting aside all the problems with the "factory" system, can you plug an aftermarket antenna into the head unit? If so, I'd spend $100 bucks and get a good antenna, despite having been wronged by yamaha and SSV.
I have tried a few, but none that worked. I would spend it as well.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
4,155 Posts
You can't fiddle while driving and FM does give variation of content. New as well as weather. I stream in my SUV but miss the rest when doing so. All these need replacing and not tweaking antennas when you don't get anything.

Reactions: Paddler

·
Registered
43 Posts
Posted about my dealer antenna experience under the title "Do all dealers suck or is it just mine"
I don't mind my dealer for most things. The radio piece they just want nothing to do with. I am sorry that you are having trouble. I did order a metra amplified antenna at the advice of SSV works. I don't have any faith that it will work, but if $30 solves it.. Then good. if it works, I will post the model. It will be a little bit to get it in, and get to install it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
You can't fiddle while driving and FM does give variation of content. New as well as weather. I stream in my SUV but miss the rest when doing so. All these need replacing and not tweaking antennas when you don't get anything.
I do agree that they need to be replaced. I just don't see SSVWorks stepping up like that.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
4,155 Posts
They won't I agree. The point was the Yamaha is the one to do so. They're buying these SSV units and putting them in their machines. SSVWorks is not longer the warranty provider to the end user. Its Yamaha as the builder who has/had a purchase agreement with them. Whatever warranty they got in their deal.

Dealers need to step up and get units for their defective Yamaha supplied units. No different than say FOX shocks if they used them. Its on Yamaha to replace defective ones.

·
Registered
2021 Rmax4 LE
52 Posts
As stated I did this "game" with em. They ask questions. Then more, and more. Remove unit and take pics to send em of all #'s on device. Final results are...... Wait for this....... Sorry we dont recognize that serial #. I told em they r playing games I dont like. Told em they need be better at their job and customer service. I told em I would notify others with same issue. Fire away and text em you'all. We dont deserve this crap. They need to step up n honor their junk.

·
Registered
2021 Rmax4 LE
52 Posts
SSV troubleshooting issue for us.. Good. Possible signal interference from Magellan or IQS systems??? RZR ride command had some previous issues like this I am being told? Any Base models with ssv radio and good reception??

·
Registered
2021 RMAX 2 XT-R
364 Posts
As stated I did this "game" with em. They ask questions. Then more, and more. Remove unit and take pics to send em of all #'s on device. Final results are...... Wait for this....... Sorry we dont recognize that serial #. I told em they r playing games I dont like. Told em they need be better at their job and customer service. I told em I would notify others with same issue. Fire away and text em you'all. We dont deserve this crap. They need to step up n honor their junk.
That's some BS right there.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX 2 XT-R
364 Posts
SSV troubleshooting issue for us.. Good. Possible signal interference from Magellan or IQS systems??? RZR ride command had some previous issues like this I am being told? Any Base models with ssv radio and good reception??
If that is the case which I'm sure it's not. How would this pass Yamahas QC inspection?

·
Registered
274 Posts
I bought the stereo and installed in my XTR. Same thing. Cannot get a radio station to come in. It's ridiculous that a 2021 radio can't get reception when radios from the 1950's worked fine. Yeah I realize FM came out later.

Kawasaki went with Hifonix. Perhaps yamaha should follow. But yamaha needs to get this sh!t fixed for us.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

81 - 100 of 154 Posts