Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I agree. I think it will be close enough to make me happy. I'm more concerned about range than cost to operate. It should have decent range.

Reactions: kukini

·
Administrator
2,699 Posts
I have 170 miles on my RMAX XTR now, my last tank of fuel came out at 14.5 MPG.
Is that what everyone else is getting?

kenner
I'm getting between 14-16 MPG, but you all are putting on way more miles than I have been. I'm also at 5300' above sea level.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I'm getting between 14-16 MPG, but you all are putting on way more miles than I have been. I'm also at 5300' above sea level.
That's very respectable mileage.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I am pretty sure that I am about the same. I haven't filled her up since my last ride to see how many gallons it will take and do the math but my last ride was 63 miles and I was showing a half tank when I got back. So we'll see.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
How many kms on a tank for the X2... Is it the same 35L size?

According to some numbers here, looks like the range should be in the 220km or so... Carry 10L and one should be able to approach 300 kms.
I get roughly 230km to empty. I ran mine empty once and it was around 230km. That was on a mix of trails and forest roads. Looks like the RMAX will be very close.

Reactions: Maggot

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have 170 miles on my RMAX XTR now, my last tank of fuel came out at 14.5 MPG.
Is that what everyone else is getting?

kenner
I have 240 miles on mine so far and that is exactly what I am averaging-14.5 MPG. Bringing it in for my first maintenance tomorrow and have my rear soft window at the seamstress getting my holes sewn in for my Roto-Pax gas can mounts.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I think my average is around 15.5 on my X2.

Reactions: kukini

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just put 200 miles on mine and I am getting a little over 13mpg. It depends a lot how you drive it. There is plenty of power to take it easier on it LOL. A little bit more fuel used than my Rspec... but not bad or enough to worry about.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am-averaging 14.5mpg and that is all I am running is 91 octane, ethanol-free. I don't know exactly how important the 91 octane is, if it's like the recommended sythetic oil, but I have been following both recommendations.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I put down a deposit on an XTR. Just wondering, are you running premium 91+ octane?
The manual calls for premium fuel because of the high compression of the motor. It wouldn’t be wise to run regular.

Reactions: MassiveOverkill

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you for the info. It's a great forum. My local ethanol-free is 87 octane; I will run top-tier premium unless I'm somewhere I can get clear gas at 91 octane.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have 240 miles on mine so far and that is exactly what I am averaging-14.5 MPG. Bringing it in for my first maintenance tomorrow and have my rear soft window at the seamstress getting my holes sewn in for my Roto-Pax gas can mounts.
I like to hear what you think of the soft rear window. The glass option price point is expensive (RMAX-4).

·
Registered
36 Posts
I like to hear what you think of the soft rear window. The glass option price point is expensive (RMAX-4).
The back window isn't my main concern as that is basically just slowing down any wind from the front that gets into the cab. My main concern is the front windshield-I would absolutely love to be able to go glass with a wiper and soft the rest of the way around. I have the one piece polycarbonate windshield and as you get going, the windshield bows back in the middle on top and the roof lifts up creating a good size gap. Then , it closes back up as you come to a stop-lol. The zippers on the soft side doors do get funky with even just dust throughout the day and need to be watered down to keep from having issues. The rear window is nice as it also has a zipper and you can roll it up. I don't think there is much to brag about the back window though as it does the least and I don't really touch it-well, at least after I get it back-I'm having holes cut in it to mount my RotoPax gas cans.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
2,622 Posts
Its a real pain when I cannot see poster locations anymore. As the continent is so big situations vary radically.

Can you not fit the 10L generic red contains in there somehow. I carry that or a 20L depending what and where I think I might go. They are cheap solutions to carrying gas. 1 Gallon containers are useless. Not enough to get me to a station by a long shot.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't want to use up the little bit of tilt bed room I have left by strapping in generic gas cans that are going to slide around. I have two 7.5L Rotopax gas cans(around 50 miles worth) with the proper mounts for the rear cross bars behind the cab that mount right up and don't move at all. I have the cargo box from Yamaha mounted in the further back position of the tilt box so I want to keep the spot in front of that open for a cooler if the wife decides to go on one of her style rides-lol. I'm in Northern Wisconsin.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
2,622 Posts
Those are bigger than others I'd heard of. Yeah that is a neat setup with what you already have.

cheers, onward!!

Then you can ride with confidence.

·
Registered
247 Posts
That's a slick setup.... quick question. Can you flip the tank around and mount it so the spigot is on the left/outboard side of the trunk.

I don't want to use up the little bit of tilt bed room I have left by strapping in generic gas cans that are going to slide around. I have two 7.5L Rotopax gas cans(around 50 miles worth) with the proper mounts for the rear cross bars behind the cab that mount right up and don't move at all. I have the cargo box from Yamaha mounted in the further back position of the tilt box so I want to keep the spot in front of that open for a cooler if the wife decides to go on one of her style rides-lol. I'm in Northern Wisconsin.

·
Registered
36 Posts
That's a slick setup.... quick question. Can you flip the tank around and mount it so the spigot is on the left/outboard side of the trunk.
Yeppers, it will mount on there either way. I like to point the spigits towards the inside of the machine as it then has less of a chance of getting snagged by something if I encounter some low hanging branches on the trails.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts