Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
November WOTM Winner!
17 Posts
You mean this one?
Tire Vehicle Hood Wheel Plant

I like it. I got one of the early ones before the redesign and had to modify the mounting holes for it to fit right. Supposedly the new version is a much better fit.
The tubes can hold water, I drilled 3 small drain holes at all the low spots and haven’t had an issue since.
I had to trim about 1/8” off the front center hood clip. I couldn’t remove the hood without a huge fight until I trimmed it.
Other than that, it’s a nice setup. I’ve pushed some brush out of the way that would have gouged up the plastic. Maybe I shouldn’t have been on that trail, but it’s my property and I’ll do what I want on it.

·
Registered
2022 Rmax sport
1,863 Posts
You mean this one? View attachment 107495

I like it. I got one of the early ones before the redesign and had to modify the mounting holes for it to fit right. Supposedly the new version is a much better fit.
The tubes can hold water, I drilled 3 small drain holes at all the low spots and haven’t had an issue since.
I had to trim about 1/8” off the front center hood clip. I couldn’t remove the hood without a huge fight until I trimmed it.
Other than that, it’s a nice setup. I’ve pushed some brush out of the way that would have gouged up the plastic. Maybe I shouldn’t have been on that trail, but it’s my property and I’ll do what I want on it.
Nice !

·
Registered
1 Posts

Other than that, it’s a nice setup. I’ve pushed some brush out of the way that would have gouged up the plastic. Maybe I shouldn’t have been on that trail, but it’s my property and I’ll do what I want on it

·
Premium Member
2022 RMAX2 1000 XT-R
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Thanks for your reply. That looks awesome! I like how it provides a little protection for the lights as well. I'm going to order one if I I can find one in stock. Most suppliers say they are out at this point.

·
November WOTM Winner!
17 Posts
Thanks for your reply. That looks awesome! I like how it provides a little protection for the lights as well. I'm going to order one if I I can find one in stock. Most suppliers say they are out at this point.
I ordered mine straight from Rival.

·
November WOTM Winner!
17 Posts
They were “out of stock” when I got mine… they had a few of the old version left in the warehouse. I got it at a big discount and had to modify the mounting holes to fit.

You may want to email them, you might get lucky.

·
Premium Member
2022 RMAX2 1000 XT-R
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They were “out of stock” when I got mine… they had a few of the old version left in the warehouse. I got it at a big discount and had to modify the mounting holes to fit.

You may want to email them, you might get lucky.
I spoke to Rival customer service and learned that they are in the process of making some design improvements. They expect to have the new version in stock in to 2 - 3 months. I was put on an email list to be notified when the new version is available.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My, my, I think that looks more like a cattle guard than a bumper, I guess it would be more appropriate to call it a Joey Guard, excuse me coming through.
As per original post , it's a scrub bar designed in Australia built by Rival Jack? Guess you could call it anything you wished that you didn't want to connect with and reshape the front of your vehicle? Not sure what a joey bar is, can only presume it's what we call a Roo Bar in Oz ? Hardly appropriate but being that a joey is about one or two feet tall and a fully grown Roo six to eight feet tall :D. Then if you should happen to run into a mob of them you need a bit of bar work bloke I can assure you. :rolleyes::D:D

Plant Natural landscape Tree Mammal Grass

This is for the serious stuff ;):oops:

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
105 Posts
As per original post , it's a scrub bar designed in Australia built by Rival Jack? Guess you could call it anything you wished that you didn't want to connect with and reshape the front of your vehicle? Not sure what a joey bar is, can only presume it's what we call a Roo Bar in Oz ? Hardly appropriate but being that a joey is about one or two feet tall and a fully grown Roo six to eight feet tall :D. Then if you should happen to run into a mob of them you need a bit of bar work bloke I can assure you. :rolleyes::D:D

View attachment 107664

This is for the serious stuff ;):oops:

View attachment 107675
The septics do not get what we use ours for. Mine after its last trip.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Automotive tire

·
Registered
82 Posts
The septics do not get what we use ours for. Mine after its last trip.

View attachment 107676
Yes from what I can gather the large percentage in the states are for recreational use whereas he in Aust it's probably 90% at least for work. Especially given the stupid Quad rules now being that major manufactures no longer import into Australia, SBS sales have sky rocketed for that reason alone. 👍

·
Registered
105 Posts
What is their justification for the ban? I imagine some enviro-nazi rule but can you clarify?
Nothing to do with the environment, more a safety issue. New rules came in that all new quads sold had to have roll over protection. Yamaha and others such as Polaris decided not to bother.

As Dogmax said most of ours sold are used in work environment's. Last cattle station I was on if using a quad a helmet had to be worn. Most are transitioning to side by sides with the added financial benefit of reduced workers compensation insurance.

"The purpose of the standard is to prevent or reduce the risk of fatality or injury associated with the use of quad bikes. There have been at least 136 fatalities during 2011–19 and it is estimated that six people present to an emergency department each day, of which two are admitted to hospital with serious injuries. Around 15 per cent of deaths involve children"

·
Registered
82 Posts
All rules in Qld Australia are currently being reviewed and also other states I believe ? New laws will make both helmets and seat belts be worn in SxS's and no one under eight allowed in one. Helmets already mandatory on quads, Bit more info attached. Suzuki, Yamaha. Kawasaki and a few other brands of quads no longer can be purchased in Australia. No quad can be sold new without a rollover protection device fitted. Most of our quads even carry pretty heavy bar work simply due to the nature of their intended use. Also a Rival bar on 750 King Quad
https://www.oir.qld.gov.au/sites/de...ehicles-proposed-regulations.pdf?v=1652147686

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

1 - 20 of 33 Posts