Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So put 100 miles on the RMAX first day of ownership. We had a good snow last week, and today was in the 70's so naturally lots of mud and muck on trails. RMAZ handled it all like a dream, but man with the tire offset a good 3 inches out from fenders, you get quite a bit of mud flinging up and into the sides of the cab.
Black fender flares would be great, but haven't had any luck finding any yet.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
3,112 Posts
LOL
Glad to hear someone else who doesn't like mud inside the cab or on you. I used truck mud flaps off amazon and cut to fit with plug anchors to hold it in place works but I should have gone 1" more than I did. Fronts are out on mine as well but I've no added extension their, yet.

·
Registered
731 Posts
So put 100 miles on the RMAX first day of ownership. We had a good snow last week, and today was in the 70's so naturally lots of mud and muck on trails. RMAZ handled it all like a dream, but man with the tire offset a good 3 inches out from fenders, you get quite a bit of mud flinging up and into the sides of the cab.
Black fender flares would be great, but haven't had any luck finding any yet.
I used husky long John flares. They worked perfect on my X2. I will be installing them on my RMAX now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
215 Posts
Yep, make your own out of rubber. Cut up some semi mud flaps. Aftermarket flares are much more expensive and never provide the coverage that you can get by making your own.

·
Registered
147 Posts
does anyone have a link to material they are using? I like the thinnish plastic style but I do not know what kind of material it is. Thin rubber would work decently as well I suppose.

·
Registered
731 Posts
IMG_3826.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thanks!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Gives you an idea what they look like installed. This was on a 19 X2 19Wherry. He did both front and rear. I just did the front.

Attachments

Reactions: Wolverinegramps

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
InfidelMT I think they look great, better than the trucker mud flap I did on my 2016.
My concern is ripping the stiff material loose on brush and boulders when it doesn’t flex.
Did you drive yours in these conditions and what is your realistic opinion on that? I’m just of the mind that it needs to flex. I’d like to get some feed back on the matter as well because it’s definitely a mod I’ll be doing again.

I’d also like to see a picture tutorial on how your mounting it when you do yours!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
That was my first thought too. I figured I rip them off or worse break the facorty plastic but I could be wrong. We need more details,

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, I too could see how using that thick rubber would work, but the rig looks so nice, I would really want to do something right that didnt make it look like I nailed the inside of a tire to the fender.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I contacted Trail Armor yesterday to ask them if they are planning fender flares or extensions for the Rmax models and they emailed back today and said yes. They looked into it a little while working on the skids but ran out of time before having to return the machine to the customer. They said that it will happen but they just aren’t sure when at this point.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I contacted Trail Armor yesterday to ask them if they are planning fender flares or extensions for the Rmax models and they emailed back today and said yes. They looked into it a little while working on the skids but ran out of time before having to return the machine to the customer. They said that it will happen but they just aren’t sure when at this point.
Awesome! Thanks for the research and update!

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
That is awesome you are that close. Have them measure for the full skids as well. They told me they would have them out for the RMAX4 as soon as they could get their hands on one to verify measurements.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts