Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I hate to even mention FB because I rarely use it except for things like our RMAX's and I much prefer forums. But I joined a group there a couple of weeks ago called RMAX Owners or something like that. After getting our 2022 RMAX4 LE street legal here in Arizona I took it for a ride.

About 5 miles of doing 40 or so had my ears ringing. I decided to post about the noise on that FB group to see if anyone had suggestions to quiet it down and got the "Get a Jeep" or "Quityerbitchin", etc even after I said I will wear earplugs and I love my RMAX. I bailed out of the conversation because of the childish replies.

Anyway, now I cannot seem to find that group, or anything related to it. The thing i liked about it, is it was RMAX only. So I was curious if anyone knows that group? Have I been banned? Is the group still there? It's a real puzzler because I said nothing to offend anyone that I am aware of if I was indeed banned and censored from seeing it.

I'm a FB dummy, but any "likes" I got on my notifications are gone as well. Is this normal if a group bans you or the group itself is gone? I have been doing message boards of all types since the 90's and never been banned so it's a mystery.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don’t know! I’m a member of about 5 Rmax FB pages! Not sure how that works, I’ve never been banned from any page and I’m on alot of them with all my powersports stuff
Like I said, I can't see any reason I would have been banned, but it's curious I cannot even find the group or any messages I got from it. It's like it never existed. Weird.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I'm guessing they thought you were a troll and banned or blocked you. However that works on fb. If you just joined the group a couple if weeks ago and haven't responded since you left the chat, they probably figured you were there to stir up some poop.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm guessing they thought you were a troll and banned or blocked you. However that works on fb. If you just joined the group a couple if weeks ago and haven't responded since you left the chat, they probably figured you were there to stir up some poop.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
If so, they can have that place. I said absolutely nothing to stir up anyone and merely posted my thoughts on the noise level at highway speed.

Actually, I went back the next day or two to do a search on full windshields and that when is when I found all traces of it gone. Who knows?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I’ve never been on FB, never had a reason. If I want to converse with anyone I’ll either grab the phone, send them an email, or, God forbid, use up a stamp. I really don’t see the need to have people I don’t even know look in at what I do on a regular or daily basis…to each their own..

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
4,300 Posts
If you're the guy who said the RMAX was louder and hotter than a Teryx I instabanned you because it's a ludicrous notion and anyone suggesting such has to be a troll. This is the group: Yamaha Wolverine RMAX | Facebook

If it was you, I'll unblock you but be prepared for an instantaneous gut response to re ban you if such a silly Terx-RMAX comparison is made again. I'll let comparisons like 'The Teryx is cheaper', or 'The Teryx has more back seat leg room than the RMAX', or even other comparisons that are subject to opinion stand. But it is scientific fact that there are not many vehicles, ESPECIALLY the RMAX that are louder or hotter than the Teryx, except maybe the Gen 1 Commander.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Wow, yes that was me, but I certainly never meant to troll anyone especially an admin. I had a 2009 Teryx 750 over 10 years ago so going to go off memory is all, definitely not trying to start crap. Plus I think I said I never rode it on the street at constant high speed
, like I did the RMAX so not a fair comparison. Also yakking with another member in that post, the RMAX has a higher pitch, so probably not any louder which got my ears ringing. I never said it was hotter, in fact I'm quite happy with that aspect of it after having a 2016 Commander XT and overall love the thing.

I was just a little shocked as I just got back from my first ride on the street and my ears were ringing. As I stated, that is the first time have ever been banned from any group or message board after being on many different types over the years even political forums where folks are banned all the time. Bottom line is I will never bring up the Teryx again and try not to compare the RMAX to any other off roader I have owned. Sorry for any confusion. I'm just here to learn and share my experiences.

·
Premium Member
2022 Rmax Sport
447 Posts
Guys, I hate to even mention FB because I rarely use it except for things like our RMAX's and I much prefer forums. But I joined a group there a couple of weeks ago called RMAX Owners or something like that. After getting our 2022 RMAX4 LE street legal here in Arizona I took it for a ride.

About 5 miles of doing 40 or so had my ears ringing. I decided to post about the noise on that FB group to see if anyone had suggestions to quiet it down and got the "Get a Jeep" or "Quityerbitchin", etc even after I said I will wear earplugs and I love my RMAX. I bailed out of the conversation because of the childish replies.

Anyway, now I cannot seem to find that group, or anything related to it. The thing i liked about it, is it was RMAX only. So I was curious if anyone knows that group? Have I been banned? Is the group still there? It's a real puzzler because I said nothing to offend anyone that I am aware of if I was indeed banned and censored from seeing it.

I'm a FB dummy, but any "likes" I got on my notifications are gone as well. Is this normal if a group bans you or the group itself is gone? I have been doing message boards of all types since the 90's and never been banned so it's a mystery.
I don't and never will use FB. I do agree about the ears ringing. I have a front and rear window on my 2 seater. Hard to keep it in low on the trails. I find myself putting it in high to calm the engine noise down some. It's not that it's too loud, but it's an annoying loud. Even with the HW exhaust tip. The X2 was much quieter. I'm thinking a large chambered muffler would sound better and a deeper tone.

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
4,300 Posts
Wow, yes that was me, but I certainly never meant to troll anyone especially an admin. I had a 2009 Teryx 750 over 10 years ago so going to go off memory is all, definitely not trying to start crap. Plus I think I said I never rode it on the street at constant high speed
, like I did the RMAX so not a fair comparison. Also yakking with another member in that post, the RMAX has a higher pitch, so probably not any louder which got my ears ringing. I never said it was hotter, in fact I'm quite happy with that aspect of it after having a 2016 Commander XT and overall love the thing.

I was just a little shocked as I just got back from my first ride on the street and my ears were ringing. As I stated, that is the first time have ever been banned from any group or message board after being on many different types over the years even political forums where folks are banned all the time. Bottom line is I will never bring up the Teryx again and try not to compare the RMAX to any other off roader I have owned. Sorry for any confusion. I'm just here to learn and share my experiences.
You've been unbanned ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't and never will use FB. I do agree about the ears ringing. I have a front and rear window on my 2 seater. Hard to keep it in low on the trails. I find myself putting it in high to calm the engine noise down some. It's not that it's too loud, but it's an annoying loud. Even with the HW exhaust tip. The X2 was much quieter. I'm thinking a large chambered muffler would sound better and a deeper tone.
I only joined it because some of the muscle car and 4x4 message boards I used to frequent were drying up with very little activity. Honestly, I can't stand it as I can't figure out how to easily navigate it. Message boards are much easier, at least for me.

I also used FB to sell a ton of stuff when we moved from northern Nevada to Arizona in 2020. Sold way more stuff off FB than I did Craigslist. So, it was great for that. But I'm just glad there is a good message board that has decent traffic like this one for the RMAX so I don't have to rely on FB for information.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
687 Posts
I had a 2009 Teryx 750 over 10 years ago so going to go off memory is all.
I think you have your answer... You got TOO OLD!

Lol ! 😆 🤣 You know the saying !

"If it's too loud , your too old !"

I'm obviously joking around to lighten the threads mood ! 😉

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think you have your answer... You got TOO OLD!

Lol ! 😆 🤣 You know the saying !

"If it's too loud , your too old !"

I'm obviously joking around to lighten the threads mood ! 😉
You're probably right.......the big Seven-0 this Friday. 😲

Where in the hell did the time go?

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
687 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Wolverine RMAX2 LE
19 Posts
I left all of the RMAX FB groups due to the political crap that got injected into the discussions. I'm hoping this group doesn't go there. Please stay focused on things RMAX owners need to learn about their machines and useful tips that has been provided. You can find political commentary on other groups and media outlets if you want to engage it that kind of thing. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Someone in that banned FB thread said clutch weights, another said throw moving blankets in the back. So I did get some good replies. But I will do some more research. Thanks.
Headliner or overhead bags work better. Most of what you are hearing is resonating of the roof usually.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I left all of the RMAX FB groups due to the political crap that got injected into the discussions. I'm hoping this group doesn't go there. Please stay focused on things RMAX owners need to learn about their machines and useful tips that has been provided. You can find political commentary on other groups and media outlets if you want to engage it that kind of thing. Just my 2 cents.
Stay off the off topic and it will. A little bit will come through. You can ignore those of us you don't agree with but don't make personal attacks and all seems to be good. I think Massive does a pretty good job at moderating, even when me and a few others praise JBS.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts