Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Glad it worked out. I know there are a few hazard switches listed as double pole but when you look at the description or read the reviews they’re only a single pole.

You have me thinking about this now. I may get a different hazard switch and use diodes also.(y)

Reactions: Augie B

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Circuit component Electricity Electrical wiring Electronic engineering Gas

I have everything I need to install the turn signals now. All I need is my new RMAX. My dealer called today and said it's delayed but should be here in the next couple of months. I used ideas from everyone that has posted on this thread. I used a single pole hazard switch with 2 diodes to isolate the hazard and turn signal switches. I also ordered 2 dash lights. I'm going to disable the RMAX daytime running lights and wrap the lights with these LED strips. They give you a strobe effect and switch between daytime running lights and turn signals. I've attached pictures of my test circuit. I will clean it up and use heat shrink and waterproof connectors when I do the final install. So far I have less than $100 invested. I still have to order the Curt wire harness.
Thanks everyone for your posts.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got mine all installed and also added signal arrows in the steering column. My neighbor with an RMAX2 is so jealous. He paid more at dealer to have single ambers front and rear of his and they are so tiny and hard to see. The ones I installed look great. Thanks for the link.
looking to do the signals and would like to have the indicator lights where would i find those? thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
View attachment 107611
I have everything I need to install the turn signals now. All I need is my new RMAX. My dealer called today and said it's delayed but should be here in the next couple of months. I used ideas from everyone that has posted on this thread. I used a single pole hazard switch with 2 diodes to isolate the hazard and turn signal switches. I also ordered 2 dash lights. I'm going to disable the RMAX daytime running lights and wrap the lights with these LED strips. They give you a strobe effect and switch between daytime running lights and turn signals. I've attached pictures of my test circuit. I will clean it up and use heat shrink and waterproof connectors when I do the final install. So far I have less than $100 invested. I still have to order the Curt wire harness.
Thanks everyone for your posts.
i am looking to do the signals and like the front light system that you have! Where do I find them? I know the blue switch is for the blinkers, what is the other switch for? Don't want to sound stupid, but what do you mean by strobe effect? Thanks

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
i am looking to do the signals and like the front light system that you have! Where do I find them? I know the blue switch is for the blinkers, what is the other switch for? Don't want to sound stupid, but what do you mean by strobe effect? Thanks
Here is a link for the LED strip and video showing strobe effect. Maybe I should have said sequential. Both the running lights and turn signals are sequential. They look amazing. I can’t comment on their durability but they tested O.K.

LED strip

I think the switch you’re referring to is a flasher. Here’s the link.

Flasher

Turn signal rocker:

Turn signal

Hazard rocker:

Hazard

I’ve also ordered waterproof connectors and turn signal indicators from the same site.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I cleaned up my wiring. I‘m using all waterproof connectors and a waterproof fuse folder. I made up a power cable to the rocker switches and a cable from the switches for the turn signals.

I‘m splitting the right and left turn signal wires into 3 pairs of 2 pin connectors. One pair for each of the front, rear and dash turn signals. I will run a pair of wires to the front and rear of the RMAX.

Electrical wiring Gas Cable Wire Electrical supply

Automotive lighting Cable Electrical wiring Wire Circuit component

I followed Grizztrack’s drawing and purchased a Curt trailer harness. I decided to install a 3 pin and a 2 pin connector on the input side of the Curt controller. Rather than cut any wires I will feed the ground, taillights and brake lights into the Curt harness. I will unplug the cable at the rear left side of the RMAX and plug it into the Curt. The 2 pin plug will be used for the right and left turn signal wires that I will feed from the front. The output side has a 3 pin connector and a separate green wire. The 3 pin connector will plug into the existing plug and supply taillights, ground and stop/left turn signal. The green wire I will run across to the right side for the right signal/stop light. I will remove the existing brake light pin from the connector on the right side and use this wire for brake/right turn signal.

I have approximately $130.00 total into this project. Thanks Grizztracks for the drawings. It sure saved me a lot of time and expense. I considered the ready made kits that are available but I think this is much better.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts