Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the excitement of the release of the RMax I thought I would mention a couple of concerns.
1. Seat mounting base size. It is big and doesn’t allow your knees to bend to a 90 degree angle on both seats. This was mentioned especially by my wife as the passenger seat doesn’t adjust.

2. Passenger seat doesn’t adjust on base or SE model. Not sure if LE will come with it.

3. The dead pedal size is too small for planting your feet. I wear a size 10 shoe and it doesn’t fit on pedal properly. Definitely won’t feel right when I have my boots on..

·
Registered
32 Posts
With all the excitement of the release of the RMax I thought I would mention a couple of concerns.
1. Seat mounting base size. It is big and doesn’t allow your knees to bend to a 90 degree angle on both seats. This was mentioned especially by my wife as the passenger seat doesn’t adjust.

2. Passenger seat doesn’t adjust on base or SE model. Not sure if LE will come with it.

3. The dead pedal size is too small for planting your feet. I wear a size 10 shoe and it doesn’t fit on pedal properly. Definitely won’t feel right when I have my boots on..
I’m a bit confused over your concerns. Is it basically the seat placements & the height of the seats? I don’t see them ever making the passenger seat adjustable as there isn’t a big enough reason to do it. Regardless of where the seat could be moved, front or back, that wouldn’t change where your knees bend over the base of the seat. Do your feet sit flat on the floor?

As far as pedal size-I don’t know what to tell you there. What did you previously drive that had a much more manageable pedal size? I have only ever owned Yamaha and I have never seen or noticed any big design changes in the pedals......

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it’s the base where seat assembly is placed on. The big plastic base. Wont allow your heels to go a little further back. I drive with seat all the way back exposing a lot more of the big plastic base. My wife is all of 5’4“ so not having the passenger seat adjustable made her notice that right away. She did like the fact the drivers side is adjustable so she can drive it and having seat forward a bit improved her comfort. The dead pedal size is definitely smaller than my 1st gen rspec. Not a deal breaker but just an observation....

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
2,604 Posts
Are their bolt holes as the Gen 1 has to reposition the base of the seat bracket to another fixed position?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just went and popped up the passenger seat on my XT-R and didn't notice any other bolt holes. There are a few hoses running along the plastic seams under there and everything is covered with removable plastic panels. I didn't know that there is a dip stick again by the seat belt for checking the oil-I was thinking it was going to be back on the motor under the dump box somewhere-tells you how green I am-lol.

·
Registered
576 Posts
The little square plugs over the muffler cover bolts, I just ran a duster over it and it fell out. interestingly, I noticed the dealer demo was missing the same exact one. They will need to be glued in or they will be lost.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
The little square plugs over the muffler cover bolts, I just ran a duster over it and it fell out. interestingly, I noticed the dealer demo was missing the same exact one. They will need to be glued in or they will be lost.

View attachment 89229
Those are exactly like the bolt covers in the bed of the Gen 1. I think the 1st thing I’d try is a small piece of Velcro glued to the head of the bolt and the inside of the cover.

Reactions: Buddharides

·
Registered
576 Posts
Those are exactly like the bolt covers in the bed of the Gen 1. I think the 1st thing I’d try is a small piece of Velcro glued to the head of the bolt and the inside of the cover.
Good idea, did that, seemed to work well!

·
Registered
245 Posts
The drivers side door doesn't line up. The one I test drove and almost every vid I've watched. About 8 of 10 machines I'd guess.

Edit to mention Jimbo's pic above, looks to be correct.

·
Registered
576 Posts
The drivers side door doesn't line up. The one I test drove and almost every vid I've watched. About 8 of 10 machines I'd guess.

Edit to mention Jimbo's pic above, looks to be correct.
Actually, mine is also a little off. When fully opened it rubs a little at the lower end of the hinge crack. I am getting a new door skin and drivers quarter plastic due to tie down straps rubbing off the finish during shipping, I will have them adjust it when they fix it.

"Note for the guy putting on drivers doors at the assembly line, space those out away from the hinge another 1/8" please".

·
Registered
245 Posts
What I'm talking about is the door is a few mm lower at the back so the lines of the door don't line up with the fender. And if standing on the roof looking down, the door sticks about 8mm out near the bottom.

The passenger doors on every machine is perfect.

Actually, mine is also a little off. When fully opened it rubs a little at the lower end of the hinge crack. I am getting a new door skin and drivers quarter plastic due to tie down straps rubbing off the finish during shipping, I will have them adjust it when they fix it.

"Note for the guy putting on drivers doors at the assembly line, space those out away from the hinge another 1/8" please".

·
Registered
32 Posts

View attachment 89229
I noticed if you keep them pushed over towards the two-tab side, they will stay in just fine. But I check those on the heat shield cover after every ride and every washing.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Love my RMAX but it has a huge shortcoming. I'm not out driving it on the mountain right now because it's at the dealership being worked on😭 HaHaHa

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
2,604 Posts
Love my RMAX but it has a huge shortcoming. I'm not out driving it on the mountain right now because it's at the dealership being worked on😭 HaHaHa
Better give it a local run to be sure all is good. Going staight to the mountains is a bad move. You'll SOL if something is wrong and break-in requires paying attention in case something nags you to look before is goes south.

Reactions: wolvymanx4

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
2,604 Posts
No much happening this Saturday Evening. I was wondering and was shocked. Including myself only 5 logged in OMG.... This is a sign no doubt!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
No much happening this Saturday Evening. I was wondering and was shocked. Including myself only 5 logged in OMG.... This is a sign no doubt!!!
It is Saturday. Let me tell ya I wouldn't be looking at this tablet if I had my RMAX. It's a beautiful day out here in Utah and I would definitely be up in the colors.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts