Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2nd day at Taylor Park, Colorado. Why show the 2nd day first (this is just a small excerpt)? This was the most fun part of the trip (not to mean the most picturesque) as I don't get to go wide open in the Black Hills as there's not enough open space and it wouldn't be condoned. Really grateful for the opportunity! More videos to come:

Here are the maps of trails we did on Day 1 (blue) and Day 2 (orange)

Map Rectangle World Font Pattern

Map World Black Line Atlas

Here's my .kml track:

#Yamaha #RMAX1000 #RMAX2 #RMAX4 #ProvenOffRoad #REALizeYourAdventure #AssembledInUSA #Yamaha10YearBelt

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,490 Posts
2nd day at Taylor Park, Colorado. Why show the 2nd day first (this is just a small excerpt)? This was the most fun part of the trip (not to mean the most picturesque) as I don't get to go wide open in the Black Hills as there's not enough open space and it wouldn't be condoned. Really grateful for the opportunity! More videos to come:

#Yamaha #RMAX1000 #RMAX2 #RMAX4 #ProvenOffRoad #REALizeYourAdventure #AssembledInUSA #Yamaha10YearBelt
Very nice. Welcome to my world. LOL. I rally around my mountains like that all the time. I ride around those elevations often and don't notice any power loss. At least not much if any. The RMAX self adjusts pretty well.

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice. Welcome to my world. LOL. I rally around my mountains like that all the time. I ride around those elevations often and don't notice any power loss. At least not much if any. The RMAX self adjusts pretty well.
Thanks! That power loss quote was straight from Pat Biolsi's mouth ;)

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,490 Posts
Hmmmm. I know in reality that some power loss has to happen. With less air at higher elevations there would have to be less fuel. The fuel injection adjusts to compensate. But 20% would be extremely noticeable. That would be like dropping down to an 800cc. My RMAX at 9,000-10,000 feet still has way more power than the X4 had at 5,000-6,000 ft.

·
Registered
2021 Rmax4 LE
109 Posts
Youre in Taylor park now? I just got back from the Yamaha Adventure event at the Taylor Park Trading post. Thanks MO for the headsup about the contest too btw. Never would have known about the contest had it not been for you posting on here about it. I made sure to tell Jennifer Davie you were the only reason I knew haha.
It was a fantastic time meeting all the Yamaha folks. I'll post some better pics once the photographer gives us access to them.

Attachments

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Youre in Taylor park now? I just got back from the Yamaha Adventure event at the Taylor Park Trading post. Thanks MO for the headsup about the contest too btw. Never would have known about the contest had it not been for you posting on here about it. I made sure to tell Jennifer Davie you were the only reason I knew haha.
It was a fantastic time meeting all the Yamaha folks. I'll post some better pics once the photographer gives us access to them.
Congrats!! You missed me by a few days. I left last Thursday right before you guys were flown in. Yamaha really makes you feel like royalty. Dave is a great guy and takes great shots.

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I updated the original post with my .kml track and maps of where we went.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Here are the maps of trails we did on Day 1 (blue) and Day 2 (orange)

View attachment 103541

View attachment 103542

Here's my .kml track:

I do not know why, but I can not get these to show in Gaia GPS. Even when they are converted to GPX. Gaia says "imported" but nothing shows.

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I do not know why, but I can not get these to show in Gaia GPS. Even when they are converted to GPX. Gaia says "imported" but nothing shows.
I'll see if I can get them exported as GPX

·
Registered
228 Posts
Looks like a blast!
Colorado is on my bucket list.

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
2nd teaser vid from Day 2

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The trip that almost didn't happen. I'm the guy that Josh shared a rental car with and we drove from Denver to Taylor Park, 4 hours away, arriving at 2:30 AM

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,490 Posts
Reactions: Old man

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That was an ugly drift. Was it already busted?
Going to the outlook point one, the other RMAX4 actually got stuck and had to be dug out. Going back out is what you see in the video.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts