Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still waiting to install the sub, prp seats and was trying to rig up a KC pro-6 bar that I ran on my old krx but having a lot of issues with mounting it may just do some pod lights. Machine is a beauty and hopefully going to be done next week.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Would like to know how you end up liking the seats and if they end up sitting higher than stock.. I’m currently looking into buying seats for mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would like to know how you end up liking the seats and if they end up sitting higher than stock.. I’m currently looking into buying seats for mine.

Turns out the PRP seats are too big to fit. Custom ordered their XC seats and they believed they would fit but they have not made a Rmax kit yet so it was kind of a shot in the dark. Really wanted them to get rid of the shoulder bolster and due to how comfortable they have been in my KRX. Going to have to try and figure out something else now unfortunately.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Turns out the PRP seats are too big to fit. Custom ordered their XC seats and they believed they would fit but they have not made a Rmax kit yet so it was kind of a shot in the dark. Really wanted them to get rid of the shoulder bolster and due to how comfortable they have been in my KRX. Going to have to try and figure out something else now unfortunately.
So from what I understand most yxz seats are bolt ins on the rmax. My plan is to order a set of seats for a yxz but I’d like to not be sitting higher than the stock seats if possible..

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
4,043 Posts
Shoulder bolster keep you in the machine in sharp angles and is a must have if you roll. Belts of any type won't protect you shoulder if you go over hitting rock or other terrain.

Reactions: Hahny

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So from what I understand most yxz seats are bolt ins on the rmax. My plan is to order a set of seats for a yxz but I’d like to not be sitting higher than the stock seats if possible..

I believe those are easy to install, cant imagine them sitting any higher, cushions are pretty similar

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shoulder bolster keep you in the machine in sharp angles and is a must have if you roll. Belts of any type won't protect you shoulder if you go over hitting rock or other terrain.
The bolster on the seats I had ordered are plenty for side support, I'm not a huge person, but getting in and out with those bolsters are rough. I understand them from a safety point of view, but wanted more comfortable seats and if they didnt provide enough support i would have gone with a harness.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I more meant aftermarket setups for yxz…

Ahh I see what you mean, yes the brackets are from the YXZ and they do not fit. They interfere with the seat belt and unless they send the incorrect bracket, the holes do not align. It could be possible I got the wrong mount sent. Other issue is that the seat is 22 inches wide on the bottom bolsters. From center console to the door is right around 20 inches. When I set them in it was almost impossible to shut the door.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ahh I see what you mean, yes the brackets are from the YXZ and they do not fit. They interfere with the seat belt and unless they send the incorrect bracket, the holes do not align. It could be possible I got the wrong mount sent. Other issue is that the seat is 22 inches wide on the bottom bolsters. From center console to the door is right around 20 inches. When I set them in it was almost impossible to shut the door.
Awesome , great information to get out there ! I’ll have to do some more digging. I’m for sure going to do something. My stock seat bases ive already modified but I went for a long ride the other day and my butt hurt for a day or so.. something is going to change with mine

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Awesome , great information to get out there ! I’ll have to do some more digging. I’m for sure going to do something. My stock seat bases ive already modified but I went for a long ride the other day and my butt hurt for a day or so.. something is going to change with mine

Yeah I'm going to be working on finding a solution. Ill keep this space updated if I figure anything out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah I'm going to be working on finding a solution. Ill keep this space updated if I figure anything out.
I was just looking at aces racing seats… looks like they are 21” at widest part..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was just looking at aces racing seats… looks like they are 21” at widest part..

PRP is looking into building a kit, they have their r&d engineer looking into it as of now, likely to be some time, but at least they are considering!

·
Registered
2019 Wolverine X2 R Spec SE 2021 Wolverine R MAX 2 EPS SE
48 Posts
PRP Wolverine seats do not fit in the 2019 X2 either, only in the first generation Wolverine.

·
Registered
49 Posts
So I was doing some more digging on seats, cause well I still hate mine… came across these today… thoughts ? They are only 19” wide

1 - 18 of 18 Posts