Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been visiting my dealer every couple weeks since Sept as they get new machines in. I was planning for a next spring purchase.

13 yr old son and I visited today to see a new white one they just got in.
20201120_141009.jpg

Pretty sharp I must say, but not as nice (imo) as the gray one. And I have a white truck and the wife, a white car.

With Rmax deliveries being unknown and no info that it will improve, I wasn't getting a good feeling this machine would be readily available when I want it in a few months. And they have 5 deposits for XTR/SE, with no idea when the next one's coming in.

So I said fook it and put a deposit down to save this machine for a Christmas present. Will go back in a couple weeks, wrap it with some bows and take some pics.

With my son and I planning a cross Newfoundland trek next summer and never owning an atv/utv, we're pretty stoked to be owning this.

As for the seats, it was an error by Yamaha. But they'll be staying with the machine.
20201109_104001.jpg

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Nice, CONGRATS.

Make it what you want. Already got upgraded seats 👍

Reactions: Maggot

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Warn Axon is in the garage and the d-mode switch is on order. Interior and exterior lights, rocker switch, and some general SxS stuff is also on the way. Looking into stereo gear and a super atv flip windshield as we speak.

It'll be an Gray XTR equal befor long. Super excited, but hard on the wallet. Good thing it's Christmas.

Nice, CONGRATS.

Make it what you want. Already got upgraded seats 👍

·
Registered
699 Posts
Wow!! You did it!!
Congrats. I like the colour. Nice Christmas present.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I couldn't hold out. As we had chatted about, and not getting a good sense of where things are headed.

The other gray sold to a guy in NB. And they have the others sold, just waiting to be picked up. The white one will be sold in no time.
Having my son with me, then it came down too, what was I waiting for, and what's a couple months earlier mean at the end of the day. I looked at the young fella and said, "it's a lot of money bud, but if we're gonna do it, let's do it. And we'll have the one with the nice seats".

Can't say I've ever been so excited to spend 30k.

Wow!! You did it!!
Congrats. I like the colour. Nice Christmas present.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Yeah, I couldn't hold out. As we had chatted about, and not getting a good sense of where things are headed.

The other gray sold to a guy in NB. And they have the others sold, just waiting to be picked up. The white one will be sold in no time.
Having my son with me, then it came down too, what was I waiting for, and what's a couple months earlier mean at the end of the day. I looked at the young fella and said, "it's a lot of money bud, but if we're gonna do it, let's do it. And we'll have the one with the nice seats".

A wise decision and you don’t want to disappoint the young fella. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts

30k!!! They msrp for like 19k!

·
Registered
699 Posts
30k!!! There msrp for like 19k!
Welcome to Canada. Everything is at least 30% more expensive here. Taxes can add another 15%, then add accessories.

·
Registered
810 Posts
We must be on the same wavelength. I too said fook it today and brought home an RMAX4 XTR. Wanted to wait for Blue but dealers around here are having a hard enough time getting anything, I didn't see a Blue coming in anytime soon. Plus I got it for less than MSRP so I was happy.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
19 US is 24,900 Canadian. MSRP up here for this model is 24,300. Add in some PDI, freight, taxes, and yeah, I think I came in under 30k for about the same cost to buy a 40oz of rum to drink and cry it off... lol. Buy once, cry once as the saying goes.

The cost sucks, I won't lie. But we'll have a ton of fun and memories, and that's what matters at the end of the day.

30k!!! There msrp for like 19k!

·
Premium Member
2021 RMAX4 XTR
180 Posts
Welcome to Canada. Everything is at least 30% more expensive here. Taxes can add another 15%, then add accessories.
I was going to say the same thing, welcome to Canada! and I don't even live there, everything is inflated, my XTR retails for 23,499 here I don't even want to think what it would cost in Canada

Reactions: wolvymanx4

·
Registered
90 Posts
Congrats, that is why I have an XTR instead of the LE, had two riding trips planned and knew I wanted it. You will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
So your machine would be about 31k here if using the exchange rate. The XTR here is 27k which is about 20,600 US. So one could argue you're getting a better deal in Canada. Not so much inflated, just the exchange rate in this case.

I think in 2009-2011 our dollar was 1.10 US. I bought several motorcycles, rvs, couple boats and imported them.

The D-mode switch is listed for 295 US. I ordered it from Yamaha Canada for 156, about 112 US. I don't really understand that, but I was happy about it.

I was going to say the same thing, welcome to Canada! and I don't even live there, everything is inflated, my XTR retails for 23,499 here I don't even want to think what it would cost in Canada

·
Registered
699 Posts
The exchange rate can sometimes work to our advantage. My Ford Superduty is less expensive here when you factor in the exchange rate. I got a big dollar trade also because my trade in was shipped to the US. I just tell myself you can’t take it with you. :)

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Congrats! Odd for Yamaha to make a mistake like that with the seats but their loss is your gain. If Im not mistaken, isn't that the one that had the different seat bottoms. If so the bottoms pop right out so it would be an easy change if you ordered the matching ones. Or just leave them. The advantage of the standard seat bottoms is that they have less texture to hold dirt so they are easier to keep clean and don't hold the water either when you do.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Yeah, it has the base bottoms, and XTR backs. You're right in that the seat bottom will get less dirty and easier to wipe clean. I think they are same cushion just a different covering. I don't expect to change it out. The backs are nice with the different material, Wolverine stitching, and squared off top.

They had 2 of these models/colours and both had the same mixed seats. Odd mistake for 2 machines at the same dealership the same day. Maybe the line worker was 1/2 asleep or day dreaming for a minute and picked the wrong seat backs off the shelf. Who knows how many are out there.
But I'm happy with the error..

Congrats! Odd for Yamaha to make a mistake like that with the seats but their loss is your gain. If Im not mistaken, isn't that the one that had the different seat bottoms. If so the bottoms pop right out so it would be an easy change if you ordered the matching ones. Or just leave them. The advantage of the standard seat bottoms is that they have less texture to hold dirt so they are easier to keep clean and don't hold the water either when you do.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Congratulations @Maggot - I think your gut feeling about not being able to get one when you want is spot on. I just saw a white one in person for the first time on Friday and I agree with you. The armor gray looks better to me too. I'm very excited for you and your family. Christmas can't come soon enough!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts