Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
2021 rmax4 se (xtr),super atv flip,soft enclosure,storage box,ssv works,
6 Posts
Just to be clear are you attaching the case right to the Yamaha cover plate on the pull down cover. I have a tab a 8 coming with a otter box defender case. From the pictures it looks awesome

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Just to be clear are you attaching the case right to the Yamaha cover plate on the pull down cover. I have a tab a 8 coming with a otter box defender case. From the pictures it looks awesome
Yes. Check out post #3 in this thread. You can see where I drilled my holes in the Yamaha filler plate. Actually a nice bonus because that Yamaha plate is only $5 to replace if you ever need to put it back to stock to sell it or something.

·
Registered
22 Posts
yes, drill holes through the case. then I used 4 0.25" spacers and machine screws with nylock nuts to bolt to the Yamaha block-off plate. I have a 90 degree USB-C cable coming that will get wired up into switched 12v power.

·
Registered
2021 RMax 2 Gray in Nova Scotia
1,145 Posts
I really like your guys layout with the tablet mounted to the plate.

I went a different route though. I replaced the plastic plate with an aluminum one and mounted 2 balls on the plate.

Can hold my phone and tablet. I have several different length RAM arms for motorcycle and kayak us. So lots of options of positioning the devices for the driver or passenger.

I covered the aluminum plate with some carbon fiber wrap and a little batman reflective decal to finish things off. Lol.

And my OCD had a real battle between lining up the seams on the ball or lining the screw holes up. The balls won out.

Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Grille Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2021 Canned Ham Maverick Sport Max 1000r
633 Posts
got our tablet holder and tablet case in finally. I ended up having to remove the velcro hand strap on the backside of the case for it clamp down.

this last one shows the dual usd port stashed on the inside to keep the battery charged while riding

·
Registered
2021 RMAX 2 XT-R
342 Posts
Man you guys have done a great job with these tablets. Hats off to you!

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
I really like your guys layout with the tablet mounted to the plate.

I went a different route though. I replaced the plastic plate with an aluminum one and mounted 2 balls on the plate.

Can hold my phone and tablet. I have several different length RAM arms for motorcycle and kayak us. So lots of options of positioning the devices for the driver or passenger.

I covered the aluminum plate with some carbon fiber wrap and a little batman reflective decal to finish things off. Lol.

And my OCD had a real battle between lining up the seams on the ball or lining the screw holes up. The balls won out.

View attachment 96693
Hahaha. I totally would have went nuts making that decision too. 🤪

Reactions: Maggot

·
Registered
2021 X4 2021 Kodiak 700
263 Posts
Are you guys ordering the wifi only Tab A or the cellular and wifi?

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Mine is wifi only. I use onX on the trail and it works great.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Mine is the cell model even though I only use it on wifi. I got a good deal on the Sprint one. Even though we don't even have sprint out by me. lol. It is fully functional on wifi though. Just pops a notification symbol in the status bar telling me it's not active every so often.

·
Registered
2021 X4 2021 Kodiak 700
263 Posts
Sweet I got my Tab A 8" and downloaded OnX Elite on it and am just waiting on the otterbox

·
Registered
75 Posts
yes, drill holes through the case. then I used 4 0.25" spacers and machine screws with nylock nuts to bolt to the Yamaha block-off plate. I have a 90 degree USB-C cable coming that will get wired up into switched 12v power.
I have done the same setup as you (A7 lite otterbox defender) but I'll be damned if I can find a right angle cable that's small enough for the space and big enough for the Otterbox case. Any chance you could share the one you found that works?

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
I have done the same setup as you (A7 lite otterbox defender) but I'll be damned if I can find a right angle cable that's small enough for the space and big enough for the Otterbox case. Any chance you could share the one you found that works?
I bought this one from Amazon and it fits perfect. Look at post #70 in this thread. I have some good pics of them.

81 - 94 of 94 Posts