Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I see that the Tab A7 lite is 6 mm larger overall compared to the 2018 Tab A. Meaning the Defender case will also be larger. What is the chances there is enough room for the slightly larger version. I really like the way it looks in the first post so would like to replicate that.
My defender case is on the way, I'll snap some pics when it comes

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
4,043 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
I think that there would be enough room but that would make getting a 90° charging cable in there even more difficult. I wanted a newer version of the tablet as well but I knew the 2018 would fit and for what I was using it for I figured it really didn't matter when it came down to it. I didn't get it for surfing the net or anything else. Just music and GPS.
Another option is to put a wireless charging pad in the back of the case and add one to the mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
958 Posts
My defender case is on the way, I'll snap some pics when it comes
I'm anxious to see your pictures. I think it will work. My tablet (2019 Samsung Tab A 8") with case is 220mm. There is some room to spare. I use this cradle:
Tablet cradle

I have enough room to slide this open to insert my tablet. I'm fairly certain the new A7 lite should work.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm anxious to see your pictures. I think it will work. My tablet (2019 Samsung Tab A 8") with case is 220mm. There is some room to spare. I use this cradle:
Tablet cradle
View attachment 96519
I have enough room to slide this open to insert my tablet. I'm fairly certain the new A7 lite should work.
Thanks for your input. I have the case coming tomorrow and will see how it goes.

·
Registered
2021 rmax4 se (xtr),super atv flip,soft enclosure,storage box,ssv works,
6 Posts
So is the 2018 version the best choice ? Definitely doing this but making sure I buy the right Samsung tab. I used Avenza app on my iPhone and loved it so I think it will be awesome on a tablet .

·
Registered
121 Posts
So is the 2018 version the best choice ? Definitely doing this but making sure I buy the right Samsung tab. I used Avenza app on my iPhone and loved it so I think it will be awesome on a tablet .
The Android version of Avenza is a little different then the IOS version it doesn’t have the navigation arrow so it can take a little longer to figure your direction.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
I don't think you'd regret the 2018. Especially for what you'll be doing with it. I love mine so far.

Reactions: Wolverinegramps

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
I got these from amazon. 1 foot long 90° Micro USB cables. They work perfect for being able to charge the tablet while in the cradle. They were only $8.99 for a 3 pack. I was worried that with the Otterbox thickness they may not make contact but nope. They are just right.

Right Angle Micro USB Cable, SUNGUY【3Pack 1ft】90 Degree Reversible Short Micro USB Braided Cord Fast Charging & Data Sync for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge S5, LG G4 V10, Moto E5 G5S Plus Amazon.com: Right Angle Micro USB Cable, SUNGUY【3Pack 1ft】90 Degree Reversible Short Micro USB Braided Cord Fast Charging & Data Sync for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge S5, LG G4 V10, Moto E5 G5S Plus: Industrial & Scientific

·
Registered
2021 RMax 2 Gray in Nova Scotia
1,145 Posts
Those look perfect for your application. Snug fit, hidden from water/dust.

I got these from amazon. 1 foot long 90° Micro USB cables. They work perfect for being able to charge the tablet while in the cradle. They were only $8.99 for a 3 pack. I was worried that with the Otterbox thickness they may not make contact but nope. They are just right.

Right Angle Micro USB Cable, SUNGUY【3Pack 1ft】90 Degree Reversible Short Micro USB Braided Cord Fast Charging & Data Sync for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge S5, LG G4 V10, Moto E5 G5S Plus Amazon.com: Right Angle Micro USB Cable, SUNGUY【3Pack 1ft】90 Degree Reversible Short Micro USB Braided Cord Fast Charging & Data Sync for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge S5, LG G4 V10, Moto E5 G5S Plus: Industrial & Scientific

View attachment 96633
View attachment 96634 View attachment 96635
View attachment 96636 View attachment 96637 View attachment 96638

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Those look perfect for your application. Snug fit, hidden from water/dust.
Oh ya. I know most didn't put a set of USB ports where I did but they do make these cables in different lengths. Some people as was I were curious if a USB cable could fit in the space available after mounting the Otterbox. Answer is yes.😊👍👍👍

·
Registered
2021 RMax 2 Gray in Nova Scotia
1,145 Posts
I put my port in the same place as yours. Travelling across Newfoundland last week in pouring rain and going thru water holes with water pouring over the roof. That area is as dry as it gets inside the cab.

Oh ya. I know most didn't put a set of USB ports where I did but they do make these cables in different lengths. Some people as was I were curious if a USB cable could fit in the space available after mounting the Otterbox. Answer is yes.😊👍👍👍

·
Registered
49 Posts
Here is my dual tablet setup that I run. I used the stock tablet for engine monitoring and use an iPad mini mounted center over the steering wheel as pictured. iPad mini is set up with cell service as well.

It works great so far. Ran some trails last night with it and it was amazing to have.

Here is mount I used

·
Registered
958 Posts
Looks good Reno4X4. A perfect fit.(y)

Reactions: wolvymanx4

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Here is my dual tablet setup that I run. I used the stock tablet for engine monitoring and use an iPad mini mounted center over the steering wheel as pictured. iPad mini is set up with cell service as well.

It works great so far. Ran some trails last night with it and it was amazing to have.

Here is mount I used

Latest Galaxy Tab A7 Lite, with OtterBox Defender case. View attachment 96678
View attachment 96679
Hell ya, lookin' good guys. Great Tablet mods! It's really one of the coolest and simplest mods with huge benefits to do. Not to mention affordable. Especially if you own a standard model or SE in Canada that don't have the Adventure Pro.

·
Registered
2021 rmax4 se (xtr),super atv flip,soft enclosure,storage box,ssv works,
6 Posts
Hell ya, lookin' good guys. Great Tablet mods! It's really one of the coolest and simplest mods with huge benefits to do. Not to mention affordable. Especially if you own a standard model or SE in Canada that don't have the Adventure Pro.

61 - 80 of 94 Posts