Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Got my Tab A but the otterbox was the wrong one. Ordered correct one. I have been playing with OnX free trial and I like it. When the tablet is horizontal, I do not get the full menu and options. That might bug me. We will see this weekend!

Reactions: wolvymanx4

·
Premium Member
86 Posts

I would like to try this and a bluetooth app on a tablet if possible. This is a yamaha 4 pin to obd adapter. Its on amazon. I wonder if anyone has gotten this to work?

·
Registered
2021 RMax 2 Gray in Nova Scotia
1,145 Posts
I played with that, but couldn't get it to work. I thought I could turn a tablet into a diagnostics screen similar to the advpro.

I downloaded a few different apps that would give speed, fuel mileage, approx range, temps rpms etc. No troubles bluetoothing the device. The device just not picking up the info from the machine.

If I get a chance today I'll plug it it and give it a try again, as I can't remember the faults I was getting.

View attachment 96375
I would like to try this and a bluetooth app on a tablet if possible. This is a yamaha 4 pin to obd adapter. Its on amazon. I wonder if anyone has gotten this to work?

·
Registered
2021 Canned Ham Maverick Sport Max 1000r
633 Posts
i also have a tab A 8" but for 2019.. can't find an otterbox that says it will fit it, but i found other cases that will. so i'll rock one of those instead. I'm going to follow this thread a little more for apps though. I was playing with OnX a little last night before bed. I like it so far, but i'm always hesitant on paying for subscriptions lol

·
Registered
121 Posts
Welcome to Avenza it really is one of the better free built software apps out there for this sort of use. It has tracking with distance, average speed, allows the user to drop pins as well as different color pins, pin with notes as well as pictures.

Red circle is for location of you and if you’re the focus of the turns, The flag with the dot is for pins, and the green circle is for your pin locations in latitude and longitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
633 Posts
that is also another program i downloaded onto the tablet last night. looking forward to exploring it a little today sometime

·
Registered
958 Posts
i also have a tab A 8" but for 2019.. can't find an otterbox that says it will fit it, but i found other cases that will. so i'll rock one of those instead. I'm going to follow this thread a little more for apps though. I was playing with OnX a little last night before bed. I like it so far, but i'm always hesitant on paying for subscriptions lol
I have this case:
SUPCASE [Unicorn Beetle Pro] Case Designed for Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (SM-T295/SM-T290), with Built-in Screen Protector Full-Body Rugged Heavy Duty Case for Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2019 Release (Black)
and this cradle: RAM-HOL-TAB29U
They don't make a Otterbox case for the 2019 model so I had to use this setup. You can see pictures of it installed in my earlier posts. You will need something as a spacer behind the cradle so you can open it to insert your tablet. There is a spring loaded slide that allows you to install 7 and 8" tablets. I mounted mine so the slide was on the right side of the cradle. I mounted the cradle as far to the left as possible.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Skeans1, Avenza looks like a good app. I know others on this forum are using it. I've been using BackCountry Navigator. It does many of the same functions as Avenza. I may download Avenza and play with it when I get some free time.
Thanks for posting.

Reactions: Skeans1

·
Registered
Wolverine RMAX 4 XTR 1000
186 Posts
I just finished my tablet install also. Definitely not as clean as yours but it works. I used a galaxy tab A 8 inch. It fits right in the dash but cant put it on charge to tight. I fab it from stuff I had in the garage. Using Canada topo for the GPS right now. I made easy to remove so I can put in the jeep when needed.
I bet you could find a 90 degree power cord you could use. Amazon.com : 90 degree micro usb cable

·
Registered
633 Posts
I have this case:
SUPCASE [Unicorn Beetle Pro] Case Designed for Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (SM-T295/SM-T290), with Built-in Screen Protector Full-Body Rugged Heavy Duty Case for Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2019 Release (Black)
and this cradle: RAM-HOL-TAB29U
They don't make a Otterbox case for the 2019 model so I had to use this setup. You can see pictures of it installed in my earlier posts. You will need something as a spacer behind the cradle so you can open it to insert your tablet. There is a spring loaded slide that allows you to install 7 and 8" tablets. I mounted mine so the slide was on the right side of the cradle. I mounted the cradle as far to the left as possible.
that's the one i was looking at! lol

figure it will work since 90% of the time it will either be in a cradle inside the machine, or being held onto by an adult. Kiddos have their own tablets to mess around on if needed lol

·
Super Moderator
306 Posts
I have this case:
I can vouch for this case on a Samsung 8.0.....rocked one for years before stepping up to my 10.1 Active Pro, and there isn't a finer case for the 8.0. After the fourth year, the clear outer cover did finally get scratched up and got annoying, so I trimmed it completely off....was like an entirety new tablet.

This was for the dry dusty desert, so with no clear screen cover it was fine. If we rocked in the wetter, muddy areas I would have left it alone as the stock case does a great job weatherproofing the 8.0.

·
Premium Member
2021 Yamaha Wolverine X2 XTR 850
196 Posts
View attachment 96375
Yamaha uses proprietary data that you would need their diagnostic software to run with that cable. I have been looking for the ATV UTV Software for a while. I can easily find the Boat, Personal Watercraft and Outboard Engine Software. But I have had no luck with ATV and UTV Software. I did see someone Using Torque Pro on a Yamaha Motorcycle.

·
Registered
49 Posts
So I just got my XT-R a week ago... and hate the adventure pro... if I were to do the whole deal over again I would just buy base model and outfit my stuff that way...the only nice thing about the existing tablet is that it does give current operating stuff ex. (fuel mileage, rpm, gear, temp … among a few other things)…

so my current thought is running dual tablets.. my plan is to purchase an ipad mini with cell service included cause im an apple user... and mount it center over the steering wheel just above the speedometer. I will then load Polaris ride command on it and run with it... the only reason im keeping the stock tablet in place is for the other features that it supplies but the navigation on that thing is garbage.. ill post my doings once I get everything in hand and can get it mounted

·
Registered
34 Posts
Has anyone done this with the newest Tab A 8.4"? Can't find a 2018 version and no Otterbox Defender case for the 2019 version.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I see that the Tab A7 lite is 6 mm larger overall compared to the 2018 Tab A. Meaning the Defender case will also be larger. What is the chances there is enough room for the slightly larger version. I really like the way it looks in the first post so would like to replicate that.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
I see that the Tab A7 lite is 6 mm larger overall compared to the 2018 Tab A. Meaning the Defender case will also be larger. What is the chances there is enough room for the slightly larger version. I really like the way it looks in the first post so would like to replicate that.
I think that there would be enough room but that would make getting a 90° charging cable in there even more difficult. I wanted a newer version of the tablet as well but I knew the 2018 would fit and for what I was using it for I figured it really didn't matter when it came down to it. I didn't get it for surfing the net or anything else. Just music and GPS.

41 - 60 of 94 Posts