Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2021 X4 - Super ATV windshield- UTVMA bump seat-
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone carry and how do they carry it, while riding my ATVs i always wear OWB, but I'm finding that wearing on the hip in the wolverine is tearing up my holsters and pistols and the center console, so maybe time for that expensive chest holster I've been wanting! Also I'm afraid to wear one of my revolvers as I feel like the hammer could snag on something in the side by side, so I've been carrying my Glock 29 or my M&P, but I'd like to find a way to carry my Judge this summer or mount the Tac14 to the roll bar.

·
Premium Member
2021 RMAX4 XTR
180 Posts
I carry my M&P.45, had a Blackhawk Serpa mounted strategically above me for easy reach in the X2 and will be doing the same in the RMAX.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I carry my Kimber Micro 9 Raptor or my M&P Shield in .40 S&W in my pocket of my Carhart in cold weather; in warmer weather I use a Bellyband holster. With the bellyband holster you can position the gun where ever it feels most comfortable.

Reactions: Glock10mm

·
Registered
810 Posts
I'm a revolver guy. I carry a small .38 special in the center console. I sometimes (not for protection but for fun) carry an AK47 thrown in the back. I really love that gun. It gets beat up and dirty as hell but it always fires.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I had the same problem, plus I’m on the bigger side. I put one of those sticker magnet things sort of above the gas pedal for my glock 20 or hk usp .45c while hunting. The top of the pistol sticks securely to the magnet and it’s easy to get quickly, too. It doesn’t get in the way at all and makes it more comfortable in the seat.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I carry a Springfield XD-M 10.mm 4.5" in an Alien Gear Cloak holster. The mag I keep in the weapon while riding in the mountains is loaded with 220gr hard cast from Underwood...I also carry 2 backup mags with Sig 180gr JHP.

Reactions: Jimbo

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I carry a Springfield XD-M 10.mm 4.5" in an Alien Gear Cloak holster. The mag I keep in the weapon while riding in the mountains is loaded with 220gr hard cast from Underwood...I also carry 2 backup mags with Sig 180gr JHP.
I want that gun, I carry 200 gr underwood Hardcast in my 10mm glocks also with 2 backup mags loaded with hollows, the 220 grains keyhole in shorter barrels supposedly so I quit running them.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
A piece of flat stock with a holster slipped over it in the console and an old 357 I worry about getting beat in the gen 1.

The KRX has enough room behind the seat I just slip a 10" barrel AR "pistol" behind the seat.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Glock 35 40 cal with streamlight /laser in a cross draw paddle holster, or stainless S&W 357 crossdraw in leather. Usually with an AR or lever gun in a roof rack. Have yet to make the roof holder for the RMAX. In my gen1 had the roof rack and vertical holder mounted to the grab bar for my hunting rifle or whatever.

Reactions: Glock10mm

·
Registered
156 Posts
Glock 30sf (compact 45) on my hip in a OWB holster made by a friend from an old truck forum i was on years ago.. LOTS of retention. However I wouldn't mind finding a spot for my AR pistol to come along for a ride :).... that's if i hadn't lost it already during a horrible fishing accident..........

·
Registered
810 Posts
You AR guys need to switch to an AK. :) No protection needed. I'm pretty sure it would eat through a 30 round magazine while submersed in a mud puddle. The more beat up it is, the better it looks. Down side is after 30 yards there is no telling where the bullet is going. For self defense, I don't think I would need it to be accurate unless I miss and they are running away. o_O

·
Registered
156 Posts
Do they make an AK pistol? lol

I have nothing against them at all.. Maybe i should get one, but i'm afraid of having another boating accident :D

·
Registered
810 Posts
I'm pretty sure they do make an AK pistol. If they don't, I've seen kits to make your own. I was just ribbing you guys. I'd have an AR too but my next rifle is going to be a .45 lever action. May take a while though as I'm pricing accessories for the new RMAX and they are not cheap for what I'm wanting to do.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
AK pistols are super common, an AK is on my list of next firearms. I've always been an AR guy.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I've got a couple of Yugo AK's, solid weapons.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I'm pretty sure they do make an AK pistol. If they don't, I've seen kits to make your own. I was just ribbing you guys. I'd have an AR too but my next rifle is going to be a .45 lever action. May take a while though as I'm pricing accessories for the new RMAX and they are not cheap for what I'm wanting to do.
I used to prefer the AK to the AR. I just feel bad for beat up a 50 year old AK when I can still (for now) build a new AR. AR's seem to have gotten better, I've yet to have any failures out mine.

I hope you forgot a -70 when you typed 45 lever action.

Reactions: therebel19

·
Registered
810 Posts
One of both please. Need the .45 long colt to switch between revolver and rifle for some time period stuff.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts