Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
'18 Viking, '22 RMAX2
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe Yamaha did this, but the only winch control on the '22 RMAX2 XT-R is a rocker switch on the dash. I would like to add either a cable or wireless controller (like I have on my Viking). I asked the folks at Warn and they gave me P/N 90288 for their wireless controller. I seriously doubt I can make it fit on the top of the winch; there just isn't enough room. Has anyone else added either a cable remote or wireless remote controller on their RMAX? If so, what P/N did you use or what brand? Ideally I would like to simply add a socket to the RMAX and use the cable from my Viking, but the Viking socket is round (5 pole) and I "think" the newer cables have a D-shaped plug and may only be 3 pole-----not sure on that, so help, please!
Jim in SW Idaho

· Registered
'18 Viking, '22 RMAX2
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you!!!!!

· Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Take a look at this thread on that subject.

· Registered
'18 Viking, '22 RMAX2
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to both of you!

Reactions: PapaSkeeta

· Registered
43 Posts
I can't believe Yamaha did this, but the only winch control on the '22 RMAX2 XT-R is a rocker switch on the dash. I would like to add either a cable or wireless controller (like I have on my Viking). I asked the folks at Warn and they gave me P/N 90288 for their wireless controller. I seriously doubt I can make it fit on the top of the winch; there just isn't enough room. Has anyone else added either a cable remote or wireless remote controller on their RMAX? If so, what P/N did you use or what brand? Ideally I would like to simply add a socket to the RMAX and use the cable from my Viking, but the Viking socket is round (5 pole) and I "think" the newer cables have a D-shaped plug and may only be 3 pole-----not sure on that, so help, please!
Jim in SW Idaho
I installed the 90288 Wireless Remote for ATV & UTV Winches | WARN Industries really happy with it.
It doesn't go on top of the winch everything installs nicely under the hood; I too have a 22 RMAX2 XT-R

· Registered
'18 Viking, '22 RMAX2
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you....I was thinking I would have to try to put that thing on top of the winch....and there ain't room enough!

· Registered
43 Posts
Thank you....I was thinking I would have to try to put that thing on top of the winch....and there ain't room enough!
I installed the transmitter on one of the mounts that are there for the unit that comes on the LE for the cab adjustable shocks, in the rest of that space, I am adding (1 in 6) out fuse block controlled by a relay for individual fusing of ignition-controlled accessories. When you take the hood off it is hard to tell anything has been added, if you didn't know you would think its stock.

· Registered
5,033 Posts
Ideally I would like to simply add a socket to the RMAX and use the cable from my Viking, but the Viking socket is round (5 pole) and I "think" the newer cables have a D-shaped plug and may only be 3 pole-----not sure on that, so help, please!
Jim in SW Idaho
There is a knock out in the glove box for this. I added one. It wires to to the winch solenoid under the hood. I bought my cable off Amazon. There is a link to what I bought in my build thread. My build thread link is in my signature. I also added a wireless winch controller. It wires to the solenoid as well and I should have a link to what I used in in my build thread. A winch is very important to me. More for work than play but I like the redundancy and being able to see what I'm doing from ot side the machine.

· Registered
2022 RMAX4 XTR, Freedom UTV Glass windshield, Trail Armor UHMW Skids and A Arm Guards
899 Posts
Works flawlessly! No lag whatsoever. I use my phone.... it's always with me. No service required... uses blue tooth. Super easy installation!

View attachment 109005
Axon takes a different HUB correct? VRX I believe is the model on the rmax like the one madcat posted. I believe the HUB is different for the two so make sure to order the correct one @J.R.

· Registered
1,097 Posts
Works flawlessly! No lag whatsoever. I use my phone.... it's always with me. No service required... uses blue tooth. Super easy installation!
Madcat you’re going to cost me some more money. I have to get one of them. :)

· Registered
1,097 Posts
I ordered the 103950 today for my RMAX. Amazon Canada had it on sale for just under $100.00 Canadian.
Thanks for the tip Madcat.

· Registered
2022 Rmax2 1000 SE
84 Posts
I went through 3 of those then installed the KFI-WRC remote and haven't had any problems since.

· Registered
RMAX 2 XT-R
1,225 Posts
I ordered the 103950 today for my RMAX. Amazon Canada had it on sale for just under $100.00 Canadian.
Thanks for the tip Madcat.
When you get it hooked up you'll love it. Super easy install with simple color code connections to the warn control solenoid and flawless Bluetooth connection to phone or tablet. No searching for signal or delay in connecting to the phone or tablet..... it's instant as soon as you open the app. And no delay on the controls. Again it's a flawless system. Kudos to Warn. Rarely do I find a product this simple and dependable.

· Registered
1,097 Posts
When you get it hooked up you'll love it. Super easy install with simple color code connections to the warn control solenoid and flawless Bluetooth connection to phone or tablet. No searching for signal or delay in connecting to the phone or tablet..... it's instant as soon as you open the app. And no delay on the controls. Again it's a flawless system. Kudos to Warn. Rarely do I find a product this simple and dependable.
I agree. It looks like a great product. My new RMAX is at my dealer now. When I get it home I’ll install it. No rush because we’re getting winter weather here now so I won’t be riding for a while.:(

· Premium Member
2021 Yamaha RMAX2 XTR
88 Posts
I use the one that Utah Jack uses and I Love it. The thing I like most about it is that it works in conjunction with the dash switch with no issues. Some of the wireless hubs will blow out if you use the dash switch after installation in my experience.

· Registered
RMAX 2 XT-R
1,225 Posts
I use the one that Utah Jack uses and I Love it. The thing I like most about it is that it works in conjunction with the dash switch with no issues. Some of the wireless hubs will blow out if you use the dash switch after installation in my experience.
I used both on Saturday and use both often I've never had a single problem. Most beneficial when alone or winding winch rope back up after. This little addition has worked flawlessly since I installed it. I guess time will tell but I use the in cab switch and the phone Bluetooth remote all the time so far zero problems. 🤞

1 - 20 of 20 Posts