Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone asked for pictures of my relocation, so here are a few for reference. I removed the switch from the left side of the steering wheel, and drilled a hole on the right side and installed it there. I had to cut the harness covering back some but did not have to cut and extend any wires. I used the old 4WD switch hole to mount my remote access port for my Warn Winch. I also installed a lighted rocker switch for the winch in the dash next to my front and rear lights' switches. It is still a work in progress as far as the build goes, but these few things are complete. Sorry for the dirt lol, I am the opposite of a clean freak.

IMG_20160411_171826899.jpg IMG_20160411_171803556.jpg IMG_20160411_171721728.jpg IMG_20160411_171711100.jpg IMG_20160411_171627688.jpg IMG_20160411_171616357.jpg

·
Registered
599 Posts
Just curious. Other machines have that control on the right. Seems more natural to use. Was this the reason to relocate?

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes that was the reason. It seems pure idiocy to me to have the 4wd switch on the left, I would have to take my hand off the wheel to use it. All my trucks have had the switch on the right so that's where I put it on the sxs. I can drive with my left hand and turn on 4wd without even looking at the knob.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Yes that was the reason. It seems pure idiocy to me to have the 4wd switch on the left, I would have to take my hand off the wheel to use it. All my trucks have had the switch on the right so that's where I put it on the sxs. I can drive with my left hand and turn on 4wd without even looking at the knob.
It seems natural to me in the stock location because that's where it is on the truck that I've had for the last 10 years. You're just driving the wrong brand of truck lol!

Reactions: MORSNO and MrDwig

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Must be a ford thing lol

·
November WOTM Winner!
882 Posts
To me it just makes no sense to have two twist knobs right next to each other. When you're riding at night and want to turn and your high beams and put it in 4wd

·
Registered
718 Posts
To me it just makes no sense to have two twist knobs right next to each other. When you're riding at night and want to turn and your high beams and put it in 4wd
Never found it confusing considering they're 2 different knobs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts