Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the past few weeks I got into refinishing the stocks on a couple of my revolvers.

The ones on the blue S&W model 29-2 .44 magnum are original to the revolver but needed refinishing.

The ones on the nickel S&W model 57 .41 magnum, although period correct, are not original to the revolver. I bought the gun years ago and the stocks you see were in the deal as well. I refinished them a couple of weeks ago only to find that mounted on the revolver there were pretty bad misalignment issues...bad enough that it could be that each half came from different guns! Had to strip them back down, hand fit them to the gun, and then refinish them again..now they'll live out their lives on the gun!

I'm happy with the way they both turned out! :)

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Everyday carry Gun accessory
Air gun Revolver Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

· Registered
335 Posts
Nice work, the 29 is a handsome!
What did you use to finish?

· Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice work, the 29 is a handsome!
What did you use to finish?
I used tung oil on both, I just have good luck with using it. I also like a more matte type of finish on them. :)

That model 29 was my 16th birthday present from my mother., I'm just shy of 62 now so I've had it a while...times have changed ain't they! 😂

· Registered
1,877 Posts
That's remarkable on the model 29 - 45 almost 46 years of ownership. Looks to be a 1978 model if my math is correct. Both guns look great, very nice work. I love a good S&W revolver.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts