Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Is it just me or what? I prefer the looks of the the role cage better on the 2019 and 2020 I also would not be a fan of the speaker mounts in the doors of the 2022. The SSV speakers on the 19 and 20 is right above your head which is perfect. The kidney buster for me in not a big deal at all just lift the steering wheel. The 2021 you have to open the door to fuel the thing which would be a super pain when its on a trailer. Ill keep my 19 x2 rspec I think it looks tougher with the squared off roll cage glad I didn't wait for the 2021.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I liked the flat boxy cage myself.

Reactions: Andy Ibb343

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
Yup, I'm with you guys.
At first I thought it was cool, but it didn't take long to change my mind.

Reactions: Andy Ibb343

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Old style is like a sideways brick in the wind. My RMAX4, which has the same profile as the 2021 X4 except for the hood does exceptional in crosswind with full cab whereas I thought I was going to get blown over with my 2018 X4 with soft cab. Rain rolls up off my windshield due to the increased rake where the 2018 X4 the rain would just sit there. Pedal angles are a great improvement and you won't need a Throttle Max. 3 piece doors = uppers when aftermarket makes them. Only drawback to the new cage style is that with a roof, the rain gutters spill water on your leg. Kidney buster removal is a no brainer, and even appreciated more if you have the soft cab.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I prefer the look of the new roof design over my 2019.

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
I passed a couple 18' X4's on the backroads one day and they both had canoes strapped to the roof.
I thought I could do it to my X2 also if I needed to, but don't know if the new design is capable. Never gave it much thought until now.

Reactions: Dusty Roads

·
Registered
796 Posts
I passed a couple 18' X4's on the backroads one day and they both had canoes strapped to the roof.
I thought I could do it to my X2 also if I needed to, but don't know if the new design is capable. Never gave it much thought until now.
That should be pretty easy. I would think you could just add a simple receiver hitch mounted support for the canoe and head to the lake. We see those on pickup trucks all the time here in MN.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I got the see the 2021 X2 today, I almost traded on the spot. It felt so good sliding into the cab without having to be a contortionist.

·
Registered
2021 Wolverine X4 XT-R
2 Posts
Old style is like a sideways brick in the wind. My RMAX4, which has the same profile as the 2021 X4 except for the hood does exceptional in crosswind with full cab whereas I thought I was going to get blown over with my 2018 X4 with soft cab. Rain rolls up off my windshield due to the increased rake where the 2018 X4 the rain would just sit there. Pedal angles are a great improvement and you won't need a Throttle Max. 3 piece doors = uppers when aftermarket makes them. Only drawback to the new cage style is that with a roof, the rain gutters spill water on your leg. Kidney buster removal is a no brainer, and even appreciated more if you have the soft cab.
What have you found to divert the water away from your legs from the roof?

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·

·
Registered
429 Posts
Everyone keeps talking about how much they hate the kidney buster. The absolute worst thing about the Yamaha r-spec and r-max is the stupid door uppers. I would take that door latch with a smile to have a upper door that opens with the bottom.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts