Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
It is a HUGE improvement getting rid of the kidney busters! Perhaps I'm missing it, but is the top speed on the '21 X2 faster then about 54mph of the older X2's? Not that I ride that fast anyway, but just interesting to know.

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
For those of you doing mods for more seat room, the RMAX4 and probably 2021 X4 have notched engine covers to provide seat frame clearance.

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Any idea where the extra weight came from?
Doors now have an internal metal frame vs the one-piece plastic doors of previous years.

·
Registered
2021 X4
219 Posts
It is a HUGE improvement getting rid of the kidney busters! Perhaps I'm missing it, but is the top speed on the '21 X2 faster then about 54mph of the older X2's? Not that I ride that fast anyway, but just interesting to know.
Yesterday I hit my limiter several times on flat snow covered dirt roads, mine cruises right at 55mph before it cuts out.

Reactions: Maggot

·
Registered
232 Posts
New X2 850 just arrived at local dealer. Will head out tomorrow to take a peek. I promised myself no Rmax until I have seen the 850. It is just a base model but I can compare to the Rmax. They also have an X4 to look at unless they’re already sold.....

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha RMAX 2 XT-R 1000
1,403 Posts
New X2 850 just arrived at local dealer. Will head out tomorrow to take a peek. I promised myself no Rmax until I have seen the 850. It is just a base model but I can compare to the Rmax. They also have an X4 to look at unless they’re already sold.....
Stop lying to yourself, you know you want the RMAX, LOL....a valiant effort though!

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have to justify my purchase lol.....

·
Registered
2021 X4
219 Posts
Go with the X4

·
Registered
232 Posts
Well I looked at all the models today. The X2 is like déjà vu when I sat in it. It reminds me too much of my 2016 RSpec. The new RSpec X2 camo was cool looking. The armour grey X4 was nice but I preferred the look of both the grey and the alpine white Rmax. The X4 SE and Rmax 4 base and Se were neat but I have no need for a four seater.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha RMAX 2 XT-R 1000
1,403 Posts
Well I looked at all the models today. The X2 is like déjà vu when I sat in it. It reminds me too much of my 2016 RSpec. The new RSpec X2 camo was cool looking. The armour grey X4 was nice but I preferred the look of both the grey and the alpine white Rmax. The X4 SE and Rmax 4 base and Se were neat but I have no need for a four seater.

·
Registered
232 Posts
lol just waiting till the new year. Just can’t pull it off yet financially.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha Wolverine X4 XT-R 850 - OEM roof, Moose 72" plow, snatch/pulley mod.
19 Posts
According to the X4 Xtr owners manual, new for '21 are that the headlights are LED with no bulb replacement part number. It says if bulb is not working check connections. If continues not to work, see dealer.

Hmmm:unsure:

·
Registered
2021 X4
219 Posts
According to the X4 Xtr owners manual, new for '21 are that the headlights are LED with no bulb replacement part number. It says if bulb is not working check connections. If continues not to work, see dealer.

Hmmm:unsure:
I love the headlights on my x4, they appear to be 5k, nice and blue

Reactions: B52U

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha Wolverine X4 XT-R 850 - OEM roof, Moose 72" plow, snatch/pulley mod.
19 Posts
Are the '21 headlights sufficiently bright to actually work at night without needing a supplemental light bar?
I think they are for my area. Not a lot of ambient light. However, because of the plow tends to get in the way when raised, I will be adding pods or a light bar to supplement.

·
Registered
796 Posts
After spending a while checking out the new 21 models (both 850 and 1000), there's just no way that I would buy a machine with the old style doors. The ease of exit and entry coupled with the new gas pedal makes it fit me SO much better than the 2018-2020. The dealer had a couple of earlier model X4s in for service that I was able to sit in and get in and out of so I feel like I got a chance to really compare. I had to wriggle and twist so much to get in with my winter coat on that it would drive me completely nuts knowing that there is a better option for me. I really wish I liked the green color of the new XTR models as that is the spec I want.

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
After spending a while checking out the new 21 models (both 850 and 1000), there's just no way that I would buy a machine with the old style doors. The ease of exit and entry coupled with the new gas pedal makes it fit me SO much better than the 2018-2020. The dealer had a couple of earlier model X4s in for service that I was able to sit in and get in and out of so I feel like I got a chance to really compare. I had to wriggle and twist so much to get in with my winter coat on that it would drive me completely nuts knowing that there is a better option for me. I really wish I liked the green color of the new XTR models as that is the spec I want.
I don't even notice it anymore. Just got in the habit of lifting the steering wheel I guess.
The wife has never said a word about the passenger side ever and I've never mentioned it to her......lol
As the gas pedal goes, I'd probably even get the Throttle Max pedal for any machine as I find I like having my foot flat.

Reactions: therebel19

·
Registered
796 Posts
I don't even notice it anymore. Just got in the habit of lifting the steering wheel I guess.
The wife has never said a word about the passenger side ever and I've never mentioned it to her......lol
As the gas pedal goes, I'd probably even get the Throttle Max pedal for any machine as I find I like having my foot flat.
I had been considering the used 2020 XTR for a few days but now I've ruled it out. I have no doubt you're right that you learn how to work around it over time. I'm 6' tall and about 230 lbs and I really tried to convince myself that I could get used to the kidney buster and the riding position. I have very long legs for my height and the slight changes in the driving position are more likable on the 21 too. I even considered raising the seat bottom on the 2020 but then it seems I could hit my helmet on the cage. I know the 2020 XTR is an awesome machine but the fitment of the 18-20 models are why I still have my Gen 1.

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
I understand completely as I'm 6'-1" 220lbs myself.....lol.
I'm good most of the time.
It's when we stay out on the trails for 8-12+hrs that I start to consider the aftermarket PRP seats and they will probably be a upgrade in the future.

I had been considering the used 2020 XTR for a few days but now I've ruled it out. I have no doubt you're right that you learn how to work around it over time. I'm 6' tall and about 230 lbs and I really tried to convince myself that I could get used to the kidney buster and the riding position. I have very long legs for my height and the slight changes in the driving position are more likable on the 21 too. I even considered raising the seat bottom on the 2020 but then it seems I could hit my helmet on the cage. I know the 2020 XTR is an awesome machine but the fitment of the 18-20 models are why I still have my Gen 1.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts