Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Wish I would have known about this when I bought my 20 X4 XT-R 4 weeks ago. Definitely would have waited. I called dealer just to see how bad it would hurt, and he told me they would give me 13k. So, I guess I will keep the 20 for a couple of years.
if you don't mind what did you pay for the X 4 a month ago in what dealer are you working with?

·
Registered
2020 Wolverine X4
157 Posts
The more I look at the new ROPS design, the less I like it.
Strange as I always thought it would look more sporty, but I've become accustom to the original design especially for it's square utility function.
I was thinking the exact same thing, the odd time you need to strap lumber to the top for bridge repairs or whatever... Sure it looks a bit more "sporty", but let's face it, our Wolverines aren't going to confuse anyone for a KRX. We need to embrace our benefits, not be in denial of them lol.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I agree, the flat top rops of the X series was the thing I liked about them. Easy to build a nice roof and easy to strap stuff to.

·
Registered
50 Posts
They also closed in the brake area so no more wet right foot!

Reactions: Wolverinegramps

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
From looking it appears they kept the 4x110 bolt pattern. I would have thought they would have gone to 4x156 on the next redesign to keep from having one odd ball machine.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Strange as I always thought it would look more sporty, but I've become accustom to the original design especially for it's square utility function.
I agree, the flat top rops of the X series was the thing I liked about them. Easy to build a nice roof and easy to strap stuff to.
Yep, I don't want a new machine! I'm happy with mine!

(Ha Ha! But seriously, I am not changing mine out. I almost have it the way I want it.... Just a few more mods!)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Totally agree! The door latch change is the only thing I see that would change about my X2 if i could.

·
Administrator
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
2021 models are much more aerodynamic and sleek looking you can almost mistake a 2021 X2/X4 for an RMAX

X2

X4

You can see some of the inner door and soft-touch areas here (in door and center console lid)

·
Administrator
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Same part# for primary sheave so doesn't look like any changes that I can see.
So more reason to go after a aftermarket sheave.
Thanks Massive

2021 3 piece doors with internal frame. Should make aftermarket upper windows easier to make

https://www.yamahapart.com/oemparts/a/yam/5f6897a287a86601440a6baa/side-cover

All the other parts assemblies are visible now, knock yourselves out.

https://www.yamahapart.com/oemparts/l/yam/5f68991a87a86601440a6c71/2021-wolverine-xe-eps-se-yxf85wpzmg-parts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Owner of the dealer on Saturday said they were making some changes to the drive by wire and fuel mapping, said it should be more responsive and smoother. Be nice if they squeezed a few ponies and upped the rev limiter in the process..

·
Registered
46 Posts
if you don't mind what did you pay for the X 4 a month ago in what dealer are you working with?
sorry, just saw this. It was msrp minus 750 cash back, and 300 for the top. I bought it in Trego WI.

·
Registered
105 Posts
the 2021 X4 has peaked my interest as well as the rmax. However it's killing me that i can't "build" my X4 on the yamaha site like i can the rmax right now

·
Registered
109 Posts
Any performance changes for 2021?

·
Registered
654 Posts
I'm eager to sit in one of the new 850s. I want to see the improvement in the pedal placement and driver positioning. I wish there was a blue model in the 850 as that is my favorite Yamaha color. After driving the RMAX though, it would be hard to give up all that wonderful suspension travel.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts