1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Administrator
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
87 Posts
When doing a side by side comparison on the website the only difference I could find is the 21 is about 30 pounds lighter?

·
Registered
30 Posts
They changed the ugly high roof design giving slightly more clearance. Then the biggest change everyone complains about is the doors and bolster have been changed making it easier to get in.

·
Registered
73 Posts
No mention of top speed on this unit?

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Now this is the thread I am interested in. I'm not too stoked on this new rmax but I am super happy that the x-series machines are not discontinued. WooHoo!!!!! I love the new cage shape on the top and back but the way the front pillars are angled in concerns me for when it rains. Similar to that of a RZR and I have several friends that tell me that they wish theirs was more square in the front like mine because they get way wetter then me in weather. I do love the new door setup though. And bolsters. I wonder if this is convertible to the previous year models? Is the interior the same and dash? I could not find a pictures of the inside on yamaha's website. I know the suspension will not work on the 18 and 19 models because I'll bet it's the same as the 2020 models.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Besides the better cage the gas filling area is gone. Maybe its behind the door now?

Also they moved the winch toggle and there is a new Instrument cluster that includes the Helmet and Seatbelt light.

Very nice. Where did you find those pics. I searched yamaha's website high and low for X Series interior shots

·
Registered
653 Posts
When doing a side by side comparison on the website the only difference I could find is the 21 is about 30 pounds lighter?
Here is what I'm looking at on the X4 Rmax when comparing the gray and blue (one of those would be what I get as they are the colors I like). Blue has 3 different drive modes, winch, roof, different front bumper, interior lighting, adventure pro, and stereo. All things I can add on my own except the drive mode. I'm not sure the drive mode is worth it. I think is just adjusts the throttle input and may be one more electrical thing that could go bad. Either way, I'll wait for prices to come down. Blue also has different wheels and tires and mirror. and shocks

edit: 7 days later and I just realized I posted in the wrong section. Sorry guys

·
Registered
256 Posts
The Blue LE gets the electronic shocks. That and the stereo over the model below it, the green XTR. Both of these get the other things you mentioned including the colour matched interior.

Here is what I'm looking at on the X4 Rmax when comparing the gray and blue (one of those would be what I get as they are the colors I like). Blue has 3 different drive modes, winch, roof, different front bumper, interior lighting, adventure pro, and stereo. All things I can add on my own except the drive mode. I'm not sure the drive mode is worth it. I think is just adjusts the throttle input and may be one more electrical thing that could go bad. Either way, I'll wait for prices to come down. Blue also has different wheels and tires and mirror. and shocks

·
Registered
445 Posts
How could you guys not mention the door latch and bolster relocated farther back, so no more kidney buster! To me, that’s the one and only significant improvement over the 2020. I do like the new cage design though. It’s moot at this point, since I’m going to buy an rmax once I see one in person. :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Wish I would have known about this when I bought my 20 X4 XT-R 4 weeks ago. Definitely would have waited. I called dealer just to see how bad it would hurt, and he told me they would give me 13k. So, I guess I will keep the 20 for a couple of years.

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
The more I look at the new ROPS design, the less I like it.
Strange as I always thought it would look more sporty, but I've become accustom to the original design especially for it's square utility function.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts