Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With cold weather approaching I have been considering a rear windshield . I currently run the factory folding front windshield which performs great . Your opinions on the different designs and materials available would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance .

·
Registered
67 Posts
We use the factory Yamaha rear closure....in conjunction withe the factory side panels which gives a full cab enclosure...works great!

Rear panel is easy to install/remove as are the side panels. Our unit has over 3000 miles and two years on it with no issues.

Pricing was very reasonable and typical Yamaha quality materials and workmanship.....highly recommended !!

·
Registered
717 Posts
I really like the Yamaha soft rear panel too. Easy to install, fits great, and seals off most openings.

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
Another satisfied Yamaha rear windscreen owner here. My only criticism if I were to nit pic is the rear window isn't optically clear like a hard glass/plastic panel would be. The best benefit is that it helps keep the dust out.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have the EMP rear windshield as of a couple weeks ago. So far so good with 120 miles on it.

·
Far from stock
Former decked out 16 wolverine
970 Posts
I also have the EMP and I love it. My only complaint is that it's not hard coated like their front windscreens are and it will scratch fairly easily. You can see through it fine still, just something to note.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have the Yamaha soft rear window as well. Easy on, easy off, stores small, and works well.
As others have said, it doesn't have the clarity of acrylic or polycarbonate but this has not been an issue for me, but I have side-mounted rear-view mirrors, not one in the center.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have the Yamaha soft rear window as well. Easy on, easy off, stores small, and works well.
As others have said, it doesn't have the clarity of acrylic or polycarbonate but this has not been an issue for me, but I have side-mounted rear-view mirrors, not one in the center.
Its probably easier to shoot a hole through while road hunting haha

·
Registered
842 Posts
I have the soft rear panel too and have been pleased so far. The clarity is plenty good for the few times I've had to see out of it to back up. There are a couple of vents at the top that allow for pretty decent airflow on hot days with minimal dust intrusion.

I have a rear-view mounted above the windshield that works OK but I much prefer the Seizmik mirrors on the sides. They're more functional for my needs. Just broke one glass on the last ride and they sent me a new one in a couple of days.

Reactions: MORSNO

·
Registered
1 Posts
I already started taking these testosterone boosters and have the Yamaha soft rear window as well. Easy on, easy off, stores small, and works well.
Are those things durable, Dan? How long have you had yours and in what kind of conditions is it?

·
Registered
717 Posts
Are those things durable, Dan? How long have you had yours and in what kind of conditions is it?
I had a Tusk brand soft panel on the back of my Honda for 2 years. It was in perfect condition because not a whole lot goes on back there. Sticks and trees beat the hell out of the rest of it but nothing touches the rear panel.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha RMAX 2 XT-R 1000
1,693 Posts
I have this one: https://www.kolpin.com/yamaha-wolverine-rear-panel
It isn't hard coated, which is crappy. but works really well and seals at the bottom to the bed of the wolverine.
Hey, this seals to the bed you say, how tight is it at the roof? does it keep more dust out than a soft rear I wonder? I have the yamaha rear, i has big vents at the top and does not seal to the bed.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Hey, this seals to the bed you say, how tight is it at the roof? does it keep more dust out than a soft rear I wonder? I have the yamaha rear, i has big vents at the top and does not seal to the bed.
There is a about a 1 inch gap at the top, but goes underneath the roof about an inch also. It helps tremendously with dust and wind. My front Super ATV window has a 1 inch gap also, so at driving speed it creates a stream of air that keeps dirt from coming it that area. Any dust I get now comes mostly from under the doors. I went on a 300 mile round trip from Grantsville, Utah To Wendover, Nevada. and only needed goggles through the worst spots with 50 to 75 other machines in front of me.

·
Registered
91 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.