Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a question ! I am wanting to stiffen the rear suspension on my Rmax XTR 2 seater. I am a bigger guy and when i put a passenger on board with ice chest in the back it drops the back end . I looked to get a spanner tool and I see there are 2" , 3" sizes which tool do I need . Also its hard to see but is there enough thread to compress the shock . Thanks for the help

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha RMAX 2 XT-R 1000
1,540 Posts
No special tools needed, jack it up, loosen the top lock nut by knocking it loose with hammer and screwdriver or punch, spin the spring by hand and it will adjust the nut down, re-tighten lock nut, done. Keep both sides equal measurements.

·
Registered
797 Posts
+1

DO NOT waste money on wrenches. You will end up spinning spring as it is fast/easy and just really how they are best done.

A large drift or flat blade and a few taps will easily bump the upper ring up off the lower.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the help and the video. I was looking at the rear shocks and it does not look like it has as much threads as the fronts, but stiffing up the shock should help with the squat. Thanks again

·
Registered
29 Posts
Interesting thread really. I find the ride a little on the stiff side, even with the shocks set to soft. Could it be to high a preload on the springs?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts