Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have spent a lot of time bookmarking every conceivable vendor for parts and accessories for the Rmax. One thing I have decided I wanted to add was the rear spare tire mount. The one that mounts behind the tailgate. My machine is due to arrive this month and I want to get all accessories available before it does. On my x4 I have a roll bar clamp tire mount which works well but my wife wants the soft rear window which will interfere with the tire mount. Long story short is Yamaha has discontinued that tire mount. I just got off the phone with my dealer and he was surprised that they did that. I don't want the bed mounted spare for obvious reasons. I guess my only other option will be to have one fabricated. I would love some input from anyone with solutions. Also I can't add it to the roof as clearance is also an issue.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. I went down that road before. I bought the hitch spare tire mount, the riser, the extender and anti rattle devices. $350 later found that it scrapes the ground on inclines.
Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered this one from Jared at dirtfabrication.com but instead of attaching it to the cage I’m going to make two risers on a bumper that mimics the cage which will let it ride lower too. I’ll post pictures when it gets done but it will be a month or so.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered this one from Jared at dirtfabrication.com but instead of attaching it to the cage I’m going to make two risers on a bumper that mimics the cage which will let it ride lower too. I’ll post pictures when it gets done but it will be a month or so.

That's the ticket. I really like the way it looks. Which bumper are you going with? I will say this is going to be a really expensive solution, but I don't see any other solutions that will check all of the boxes. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
EMP ( Extreme Metal Products ) makes one for an RMAX2 that I think if they make the same for the 4 will work. I’m still looking for a bumper but I’ve got the carrier ordered and supposed to have it by the end of the month. Our new RMAX4 is at the dealer getting prepped and some mods done. I’m hoping to find a bumper to make work otherwise I’ll be building. Maybe the cart before the horse but I know I can make something work. I really like his carrier and how easy it swings out of the way. I ordered a 2nd set of pull pins and the whole carrier will be able to be taken off and on in seconds so I can do short more technical rides without it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah I’ve been stalking the interwebs for one as well. I had the opportunity to buy one several months back, but passed and now I regret it. Hopefully Yamaha is working on a new design, and hopefully it fits the older 850’s. I love the new RMAX’s, but it seems like since they were released everyone forgot the 850’s exist.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts