Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, I am not near the machine right now to grab a picture, but theres a rubber black hose approx 3 feet long that exits the top of the rear differential, i assume its like an oil overflow drain hose or something, anyhow, mine was dragging behind the machine on a run the other night so i am just wondering where this hose was run through the chassis so i can put it back. Worst case ill dart into the dealer and look, but i figured id try here also so it may help others.

If anyone is unclear as to what i am talking about ill go snap a pic.

Thanks again

·
Registered
385 Posts
After my first ride or so the hose you mentioned was dragging and broke dealer put new one on and said hose clamps too loose . That hose runs up over frame on right side and has a loop in it at the end with a wire tie around it. Not a big deal to fix but I wondered if water or dirt got in while dragging the ground. I changed my rear oil at the 20 hr period just in case.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
makes sense, looks like my little wire clamp is gone, ill just zip tie it on somewhere high on the frame i guess, are you aware if this is something that needs to be gravity fed or not?

Thanks for the help also

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
makes sense, looks like my little wire clamp is gone, ill just zip tie it on somewhere high on the frame i guess, are you aware if this is something that needs to be gravity fed or not?

Thanks for the help also
the hose is for venting your diff,sounds like it is an issue with the wolverine ,somebody not doing their job right.

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
Same thing happened on mine. I just ran it back up to the frame and zip tied it. As others said, it is the vent for the rear diff, and yes, somebody was asleep on the line that day or something lol.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Found mine sitting on the skidplate below the gas tank. Changed diff oil and it was milky. Took me a few to figure out because I didn't trace the line all the way. I now have mine up along the rear frame and over the Intake manifold. I just extended it some.

·
July WOTM Winner!
207 Posts
This same thing just happened last night to mine. The thing that sucks is just had my first service done with all the oils changed in them. I was thinking about just rerunning it up in the from but seeing Deeyoh was milky I guess probably should take it to dealer and have them change it again. Should all be warranty work anyway.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I will check this for sure. If someone doesn't have a picture up I will try to get a picture for future purchasers that come across this.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Yup. Same hear. Breather for the rear diff. My fell off in a mud hole. Just zip tie it up high somewhere with the end pointing down. That is what I did. The dealer put on a new hose under warranty but said what I had done was fine. Its just tucked in to a frame rail he said. He put it back in the same location but anchored it with some zip ties.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Mine dropped down also. I took the passenger seat off and removed the rubber seal that goes around the roll bar behind the seat and that gives easy access and plenty of places to zip tie the vent line up high out of the way. Very easy fix.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The safest and smartest thing is to run a totally new longer hose up the roll bar and zip tie it off and eleminate the possibility of water intrusion in DEEP water crossings The same holds true for the front axel, just run it up behind the instrument cluster and secure. if you get that deep - - water in the differentials will be the least of your concerns.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts