Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
The factory "Grab Bar" is made out of a fairly thin-walled tube (not sure on actual #'s) but it actually seems to hold up pretty good. I have dented mine up a little bit but I sat it on its tail climbing a waterfall and it didn't crumble like I expected it too. Another con for me it is does hang down kind of low even though it hasn't been an issue yet. With that being said I like it for the most part and have no plans on swapping it out. The EMP looks a lot more heavy duty but someone else will have to speak for it since I have not had my hands on one.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks... I really like the tires on your rig. What size 14 or 12" ?
The factory "Grab Bar" is made out of a fairly thin-walled tube (not sure on actual #'s) but it actually seems to hold up pretty good. I have dented mine up a little bit but I sat it on its tail climbing a waterfall and it didn't crumble like I expected it too. Another con for me it is does hang down kind of low even though it hasn't been an issue yet. With that being said I like it for the most part and have no plans on swapping it out. The EMP looks a lot more heavy duty but someone else will have to speak for it since I have not had my hands on one.

View attachment 3321

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
12". I like more tire than wheel. Pitbull tires are the ONLY tire I have or will ever run on any of my rigs. They are not the cheapest but IMHO they are the toughest tire out there and have traction like no other. Everyone in my group runs PB's and none of us have had a single flat and we primarily run the rockiest stuff we can find. I'll save the rest of my PB promoting for a tire debate thread lol

·
Registered
242 Posts
I bent the The factory Grab Bar, very thin metal. Now I have the emp. Much better rear bumper. Simple install.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I guess it all depends on personal preference. I have the same factory bumper that MrDwig has and I like that it's kind of low. I was riding at carolina adventure world and I had a guy run into the back of me. He didn't have enough traction to stop. If the bumper wasn't as low as it was, the atv would have went under the bed and possibly damaged expensive suspension components. The bumper only had scratches where the front of the atv hit.

·
Registered
242 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
I'm waiting till after New Years and I get all the extra holiday pay over the last couple months and I'm going to a local fab shop down the road from me to get some front and rear bumpers made.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I did say hi a few weeks ago. It's a small world. Do you remember when a guy rolled his atv down grizzly hill and hurt his ribs? I'm the guy that approached you and your daughter and asked you about your wife's Wolverine.
I couldn't make my mind up about what to buy. I was torn between the razr and the Wolverine. Your confidence about it helped. Besides I'm a Yamaha fan.
I'll say hi if I see you again.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Oh, nice meeting you. :D Small world. Yeah, I followed that guy to make sure he made it back to get check out. They came in from Canada and rented some ATV's. Long way to come to wreck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.