Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone seen any radiator relocation kit out there rode my at rocky gap in pa 4 3 days in some nice mud holes and my radiator kept clogging up had 2 pressure wash it out 2 times a day?

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Common problem with all ATV's that goes through mud. Had a guy in a new Rzr 900 trail that kept overheating last night. We sprayed and sprayed.. ran it through creeks and it was still overheating.

Pressure washing really doesn't clean the core out well. You need to put a high flow of water through it. Look for a radiator genie. I want to find trail model with a pump sprayer. Still, you need lots of water.

·
November WOTM Winner!
878 Posts
I've had the same problem. Radiator genie is the best thing I've found so far. In my opinion dust seems to clog it worse than mud

·
November WOTM Winner!
878 Posts
Common problem with all ATV's that goes through mud. Had a guy in a new Rzr 900 trail that kept overheating last night. We sprayed and sprayed.. ran it through creeks and it was still overheating.

Pressure washing really doesn't clean the core out well. You need to put a high flow of water through it. Look for a radiator genie. I want to find trail model with a pump sprayer. Still, you need lots of water.
I've never had a problem with my grizzly running hot like my wolverine does. The radiator got cleaned twice in 3 years and no problems. Wolverine you better clean it every time you ride it

·
Registered
575 Posts
I've never had a problem with my grizzly running hot like my wolverine does. The radiator got cleaned twice in 3 years and no problems. Wolverine you better clean it every time you ride it
My grizzly got clog the first few times it was out. Ib gut got in the habit of turning it off but letting the fans run, and washing every time I was at the trail head. With that said you've all seen where I ride.. So that could explain it..lol

·
Administrator
2,187 Posts
Best way to prevent the radiator from packing up with mud is to mount it up behind the driver and passenger out of harms way. This has been done for years on the Rhino and Yamaha now does this on their YxZ mud version.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts