Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a local track that's close to my parents house, that hosts both MX and XC races. Most of my trail miles on my machine are actuality out there on the trails that make up the XC course so I'm familiar with the place. Every now and then , they have buggies for the races. I talked to the owner a couple weeks ago when we were out on a benefit ride and asked what he had required for the buggies to race. He said the bare minimum was helmet, goggles, and seatbelt, but he strongly preferred 5 point harnesses. Well, I ordered my harnesses last week and got them installed yesterday. Next time they have a race with buggies in it and I'm off work, I'm gonna give it a go. Never raced anything before (was gonna race my old YFZ until I got hurt then work went to shit), so I'm excited to give it a try. Not sure if it will be a one and done, but I've always wanted to try it.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wildwood Lake Raceway in Little Hocking

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yeah Good Luck with the race and let us know how the Wolverine handles and how victory tastes ;)

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, its looking like it may be a while before I get the chance. The track I'm planning on racing at is done hosting races at their facility for the summer (they are putting on races at other places, but the schedule doesn't mesh p with my work). Hopefully, I'll be able to make it out to one of their fall/winter races.

Reactions: TINKEN

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Almost a year later and I'm still waiting on my chance. So far this year, all the races they've had have been on days where I was working. Hope to try it this year if the schedule can work out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts