Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to temp the guys at racertech to build a lift kit for the wolverine. Maybe if enough of us show some interest in wanting one that would help persuade them. I had one of their lift kits for my commander and it was an excellent product.

·
Registered
32 Posts
RT also makes a nice set of dual rate springs for the Mander. They have one of the only lift kits I know of that doesn't cause stock axle problems as long as you don't go more than a 2" lift.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I wish highlighter would have been more reasonable, we'd have a kit by now. I'm not paying for their r&d , gas, and time to drop it off to them. I figured from the videos the owner would be a fellow that is down to earth. I spoke with the product manager. Maybe I should have email him directly.. So like others I wait. I'm thinking the wolverin will get 3-4 in of lift with no binding axle, and 2 in for the guys that don't want to go higher.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I wish highlighter would have been more reasonable, we'd have a kit by now. I'm not paying for their r&d , gas, and time to drop it off to them. I figured from the videos the owner would be a fellow that is down to earth. I spoke with the product manager. Maybe I should have email him directly.. So like others I wait. I'm thinking the wolverin will get 3-4 in of lift with no binding axle, and 2 in for the guys that don't want to go higher.
I hope one comes out soon!! Its gonna look sick with a lift.

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
I hope one comes out soon!! Its gonna look sick with a lift.
Lol forget looking sick...I just want it to clear the rocks! I have my preload tightened as far as it can(9 turns from stock) on all four corners and it still sags more than 50% of the travel under its own weight. Then add me and my wife and a spare tire, 5 gallons of gas, tools and a cooler of brews and we are squatting pretty low.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
So you have your springs tightened all the way down? Wow, I'd be sitting about 14 or 15inches with that much preload.

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
So you have your springs tightened all the way down? Wow, I'd be sitting about 14 or 15inches with that much preload.
Yes all the way down. Front end is at about 12" rear is at 12.5" after tightening. This is with nobody in it, but the rear has a full size 28" spare, jack, small cooler with tools.in it, small cooler with drinks in it, 5 gallons of gas and of course a machete lol. Even so, I noticed the ride height diminished significantly after about the first 100 miles. Got squishier too.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Noticed the squisher too. Adjusting high speed/low speed dampening fixed that. But those springs shouldn't sag that much. I'd maybe look at the warranty to see if it covers sagging springs.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Just talked to highlighter and they just said the have a wolverine r spec in the shop and are working on a 2-3 inch lift as we are speaking
This is good news!!! EpicWolverine stated that when he spoke to high lifter they wanted his bike to stay at there facility for a month. So lets hope to see it on the market soon!!:)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Just spoke with Gorilla,They told me the angles are not steep at all.The pics on their site of the brackets are of the unit held up by a fork lift,no tires&rims on it,with the susp fully extended.They said that lift brackets under the shocks is the way to go,retains factory ride as opposed to above the shocks.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts