Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had to cut the bed a little but I'm just mocking a ruff draft up so it cuts the worry and questions outage the next guy to take on the challenge. Will have pics up tomorrow. Finishing up plumbing and reassembly in the a.m.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
The airbox is routed up front and is above the battery. So pretty high up. Only ones I think really need it is the intake and exhaust on the CVT.

·
Registered
575 Posts
The airbox is routed up front and is above the battery. So pretty high up. Only ones I think really need it is the intake and exhaust on the CVT.
From what I saw it's really only the belt exhaust, the intake is way up in the front of the bed. Probably about the same height as the air intake.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
It's about console height or a hair below the bottom of the bed. Also, the CVT case cover has 2 Intakes. Front and back inlets that attaches to that snorkel.

CVTIntakeSnorkle1.jpg

·
Registered
575 Posts
With the long a arms it think it will be easy to get a 3-4 lift kit, similar to a rzr. So a 3in lift plus the 28's should be good for about 4.5 in lift. That's almost 16in of ground clearance and probably another 2 feet to the factory intake snorkel.. So water around 3ft deep is where you'd start to worry. That's pretty deep.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Blue pipes are cvt, orange vac. Hose is air, and diff bleeders are in between orange pipes. I agree that it may seem unnecessary but I had to get towed outage the woods 3 days ago after all the rain here in p.a. I went into something that is normally not deep at all but it's swallowed me, flooded cvt, air box and a rock ripped out my rear passenger side valve stem. I want the confidence that if I accidentally get into something deep I'm safe. Thanks for checking out my post.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
I bet your exhaust doesn't squeak. :D It's a mud to clean ratio.. just trying to find the fine line between them :D

Also, so have you ran it yet? Does the 2 - 2inch inlets supply enough air?

1 more thing.. have you changed your rear diff lube? Was it clean or milky.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ya the air supply is good, if u look at the inlet to the engine it's only 2 inches. And diff fluid was good got lucky but dnt wanna chance it. Runs great put 57 miles on today and no leaks anywhere

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pipe needs to be 3 inch, thin pvc pipe. There is thick and thin. Only place I could find thin is ace hardware. As u can see for the pipes that com together I modified the stock snorkel by cutting the t flange off and using it

As for pics I'll post some up. I really didn't make it to mud bog, I just made it as a rather have and not need than need and not have kinda thing.

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
Looks good Twitch, nice to see others who aren't afraid to hack up a brand new machine for the sake of making it better for their individual purposes. I am glad you decided not to neck down the intake and exhaust for the CVT, they need a large quantity of air to keep cool. I have seen a lot of guys run 2" pvc for the CVT breathers on bikes and overheat their belt and wonder why the belt is coming apart. Nice touch using the vacuum hose, won't collapse on you.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I bet your exhaust doesn't squeak. :D It's a mud to clean ratio.. just trying to find the fine line between them :D
Ok so i am making a mud pack to coat the exhaust joint and never washing that area again if thats what it takes. That squeak drives me crazy. Our mountain trails have been too hot and dry to even find a mud hole.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts