Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
2021 RMAX4 X-TR
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share a little mod I did to my Rmax. I added a 1-¾ tail pipe. Machine is not only way quieter but also sounds way meaner, throaty-agressive. I used a 16ga mandrel U bend and then a 18ga straight piece and then welded the original tailpipe elbow back on. Made a hanger for it and also I removed spark arrestor screen (leave this in for maximum sound reduction) and had to remove plastic heat shied. Zero power loss maybe has little more if anything.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Tire Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle

· Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,681 Posts

· Registered
2021 RMAX4 X-TR
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I actually revisited this mod and added a entire second muffler to my exhaust system. Came out really nice and it's now solid 50% quieter all around. Just the tailpipe extension before was better under very light load but still loud cruising down fire roads and on the go pedal. I don't know how to get a video to upload but I'll put on some more pictures. Second muffler I got on ebay was branded "AP" part number 709994 also had to build a custome heat shield.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Vehicle

Sleeve Font Material property Gas Advertising

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Hood Automotive tire Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

· Registered
2021 RMAX4 X-TR
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How long have you had it on and how does it affect performance.
Put it on near the end of last seasons riding. So think around September '22. I have had a couple good trips with it and plenty of time around the home. Performance I think may have taken at MOST 10% hit. It's well worth it. Does not run hot no popping, crackling, stalling or nothing just sounds how it should have from factory. It's really hard to judge because it sounds less loud so you feel the pick up is slower but the speedo is still climbing darn close to the same to me. It's just worth it all around

1 - 20 of 25 Posts