Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all, I just got a new white wolverine eps r-spec. I've not taken it out on the trail yet but plan to pick up today and go to wooly's off-road maybe. I have a rock crawling buggy and its broken now, so bought this as an insurance policy for an extra ride when buggy is broken, or to have a second alternative ride at the places we ride so the wife and daughter can ride since my buggy only seats two.

my questions are:

I plan to rock crawl with this mostly. I'm looking to upgrade tires and bead lock wheels. I really don't want to do a lift because it looks to me like lifts just make the A-arms ride at a steeper angle. can you do a lift and or new suspension on this and keep the arms riding at a flatter angle like they do stock. If there is a better suspension set up then maybe I'd do a slight lift and more travel shocks but my main focus would be a bigger tire. without a lift or suspension mod I'm thinking 28" proarmor crawlers unless someone has a better suggestion on a rock specific tire, and I'd want aluminum beed locks.

if I was able to get a lift that would still allow for good suspension movement then I'd maybe do a 2" and go with 30" tires.

I don't want to get too tall and unstable but a little improvement on ground clearance is needed.

questions: I think with 28'' tires I can leave everything the same, ie, gearing, lift, ect... what about a clutch kit and or exhaust or anything else you recommend, do these really increase power and torque in the low end for bumping up over stuff. not concerned at all on top end speed...

if went to 30" tires what has to be done with gearing ect... and anything else to make sure the thing runs correctly

thanks for the input,

benderdundat

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Somebody will likely be offering portal lifts soon if they don't already. Those don't affect a arm angles but I imagine they are not cheap.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I love my GBC Grim Reapers but if I wanted a rock crawling specific tire it would be Pitbull 26.5" Rockers. They measure a full 27" and are the best griping and toughest tire I have seen.

·
Vendor
771 Posts
Since you are going to rock crawl you might want to look into our wet clutch slug kit and machined sheave, so you get instant wet clutch grip and you start off in a lower gear

They will climb like a goat after these mods

link to these two items on our site

Click that link and read the tech articles on the sheave and slug kit

Also feel free to call

Todd

·
Banned
420 Posts
Do your homework before spending you money.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love my GBC Grim Reapers but if I wanted a rock crawling specific tire it would be Pitbull 26.5" Rockers. They measure a full 27" and are the best griping and toughest tire I have seen.
I will check out the pitbulls. I had some of those on my 4 door jk back when I drove it on the road. loved them... got red label stickies on the jeep now and it got cut in half.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Since you are going to rock crawl you might want to look into our wet clutch slug kit and machined sheave, so you get instant wet clutch grip and you start off in a lower gear

They will climb like a goat after these mods

link to these two items on our site

Click that link and read the tech articles on the sheave and slug kit

Also feel free to call

Todd
awesome thanks, I will check them out

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Somebody will likely be offering portal lifts soon if they don't already. Those don't affect a arm angles but I imagine they are not cheap.
very nice, I looked at some of there lifts for Polaris. If they come out with one for wolverine, I might be in the market for it.

thanks,

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ordered the pitbull 27.5. thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts