Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Timken: Decided to post new thread in case others may have experienced this. I have complained that the hold back on my wolverine was not doing its job. Before going to Hatfield's this trip I change my oil and both differentials and did nothing else. As we started out riding I put it in 4 wheel drive as usual, and as I started down a steep hill I noticed a distinct difference when I let off the gas it was holding back like never before and continued for the rest of the ride and in low range 4 wheel never had to hit brakes at all, it was great. WHAT COULD OF CHANGED IT?????? :cool:

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
I think he's talking about the function of the one way bearing. Would oil quality or viscosity have any impact on that?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry Timken I should of gave a little bit more info.. The hold back I was referring to was the engine breaking. I put stock Yamaha gear oil in both front and rear differential's 80-90 weight, and stock yamalube in engine 10w40. whatever changed it, it works fine now. :cool:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know Timken I now have 1600 miles in it. On an other point I'm going to order that power commander from Todd today, does he have your latest research programmed in it? Thanks LL. :cool:

·
Registered
367 Posts
I am going to go ahead and say changing your diff fluid had zero impact on your engine breaking. If something did happen it would be completely unrelated and coincidental. Not much chance your diff fluid is linked to your engine oil/parts

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Tinken..........in his original post he said he changed engine oil and diff oils.......could changing brand or viscoity of engine oil affect the engine braking?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts