Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does yalls cut out when the differential lock is on and u try to gas it hard? mine done that a couple times yesterday trail riding,
once I was pulling someone out and gas it kinda hard and it was like a rev limiter came on and made it cut out, the other time I was going through a deep spot in the trail and I cut the lock on and goosed it a little and it cut out, only done it with thelock on,
just wanna make sure nothings wrong with it

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
the machine won't rev up if the diff isn't engaged, when the red light quits blinking it is engaged,sometimes it takes awhile to lock it up,moving the steering wheel back and forth helps

·
Registered
367 Posts
The diff has to line up so when putting it in diff lock the light flashes until completely engaged. If you were to be hard on the throttle when the diff locked you would most likely crack the diff gear. It's just a safety rev limiter to save the diff

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Trev is correct. Wait until the light quits flashing and it won't do that

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have had that happen a few times, but just opposite. I used 4 wheel diff lock and switched out to 2 wheel drive and it started burping and farting. When I slowed to a stop and let it disengage, everything was fine. Since then I will disengage, roll it forward a little bit and let the engine brake stop it, and then it will usually disengage. You can hear it, but to be sure look for the light. I haven't had any trouble with engagement, but letting it go seems a bit tight. I chalk it up to a tight differential, which is good in the long run. Just make sure it is either all the way in out out. My ex should take a lesson from... never mind.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Yup what they said...........It's a safety function to keep you from grenading the dif when it is only partially engaged.

·
November WOTM Winner!
882 Posts
I don't think you would ever want to shift into or out of diff lock without being stopped

·
Registered
242 Posts
Strange sometimes it clicks right in and other times it takes awhile.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts