Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
October WOTM Winner!
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have any experience using quad boss sealant in sxs tires? I am thinking about putting it in the stock tires until they wear out.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have used the Quadboss for yrs,no problems.Watched a demo at a dealership.They stabbed a tire with a screwdriver,rolled it around twice,it was sealed.Last yr,ran over a 1/4 bolt,pulled it out,drove alittle bit,it was sealed,and is now still sealed.You are supposed to put about a qt in each tire.It does not freeze,have not noticed any balance issues.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Only thing I would check to make sure that it actually is a rust inhibitor. I know the product Slime claims to be, but trust me it is not. I used it on trailer tires before and once I pulled the tire the wheel was very rusty and It wasnt prior to the slime application.

·
Registered
395 Posts
We all used to use green slime in our tires which is a similar concept. We all stopped when people started making 8 ply tires. Just about all of us Run 8 ply tires so there is really no need. I cant tell if it ever made any difference.

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
One thing to remember, the sealant (whatever brand you buy they are all about the same) is distributed by centrifugal force, so you are not likely to get much coverage on the side walls. Also, on 8-ply tires, the sidewalls are still the most susceptible part to a tear or puncture, and the hardest to patch.

·
Registered
123 Posts
One thing to remember, the sealant (whatever brand you buy they are all about the same) is distributed by centrifugal force, so you are not likely to get much coverage on the side walls. Also, on 8-ply tires, the sidewalls are still the most susceptible part to a tear or puncture, and the hardest to patch.
picked up a 6" railway spike a couple weeks back gaping hole 1/4" or bigger, tire went flat instantly. put 2 plugs in it & a can of tire slime pumped it back up & been good ever since

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.