Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I traded in my 2014 Grizzly 700 SE and 2016 Kodiak 700 3 weeks ago for a 2016 Wolverine R-Spec EPS camo trail rig. I bought a set of the black Viking SE wheels and kept my 26" Outback XT's and Warn ProVantage 3500s winch off my Grizzly. The only accessory I bought with the Wolverine was a half windshield. I am only building this thing for trail riding, I want it to be able to climb over anything I am ballsy enough to drive it over.

On my first trip out I ripped off both front crappy a-arm guards, skinned up the back of my bed dropping off a big rock, cracked the left rear overfender rubbing up against a tree.

After the first trip I added a 13.5" light bar up front with Rough Country mounts, EMP a-arm guards, Pyle bluetooth radio, Pyle 6.5" Wakeboard speakers, mounted my front basket from my Grizzly in the bed.

I am not happy with how I mounted the radio so I am about to cut all of that out and put a piece of aluminum in and mount everything to it.
I have about 125 miles on it so far and just made another parts order yesterday. I can't wait to get all of this stuff in and installed. I don't see
JBS Extreme Sheave, 16gr weights
wet clutch slugs, gold spring, antifriction washers
28x10x12 Blackwater Evo's
Mad Dog chainsaw mount

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Pictures look like CAW?
Sounds like you know exactly what you want and you're well on your way!

·
Registered
347 Posts
I'll be interested in a review of the JBS parts. I like your build so far, it looks great!

·
Banned
420 Posts
I'll be interested in a review of the JBS parts. I like your build so far, it looks great!
X2

I actually got to meet James for the first time this past Sunday. The guy is everything I thought he was. A great honest down to earth guy that loves our sport. I was traveling from Charlotte, nc thru Charleston, WV and he took the time to meet me Sunday morning at an exit it swap some parts. I think you are going to love his setup I had it in my Rhino and loved it. Let us know.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought you were going to describe him as a crazy *******.

I ran his stuff in my Rhino as well and from what I have heard about the extreme sheave setup I can't wait to see how it works.

·
Banned
420 Posts
Is a crazy ******* a bad thing ?:cool:

·
Premium Member
557 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Absolutely not:cool:

·
Banned
420 Posts
That will add goat power.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I enjoyed looking at your rock crawling pictures. I love rock crawling, it's challenging, dangerous and not many people hold the ability or willingness to follow you. You won't see to many YXZ's on the rocks like that. We climbed a 33 story rocky, sandy monster last weekend and not even the Razors followed us.
On a Wolverine? Pics or it didnt happen lol.

·
Engineer
1,819 Posts
On a Wolverine? Pics or it didnt happen lol.
Thanks for asking. I don't rock climb in a Wolverine. I drive a 06 Rhino with a special rock climbing clutch that's almost 3 times lower geared than the Wolverine's. I choose the 06 for this reason. I know, Deeyoh has been asking me to video my hill climbs. Maybe the Easter Bunny will bring me a GoPro this year. I'll be at King of the Motos this year if anyone happens to be in town.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
I've been calling mine a goat since the first time I took it out lol. I absolutely love rock crawling! Like you said Tinken it is a blast to watch most of the RZR and Can-ham guys go around or take the easy line while I am just idling along crawling over huge rocks or up steep hils. Most guys get pissed when I lead cause I am always trying to drag them through the rocks lol. I really wish I would take more pics but I have been saying that for years and still only take about 10 per trip. Here are a few from our last trip. Both Can-Am's in the pic turned around on that trail and wouldn't attempt several others that trip. I do have a buddy who was on this trip that has a 900S with 30's and a Duraclutch that will get right in there with me and he actually does fine. IMG_3355.jpg IMG_3337.JPG IMG_3439.JPG IMG_3442.JPG

Reactions: TINKEN
1 - 20 of 38 Posts