Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,633 Posts
Bummer mines due for servicing but I don't have access to the shop I used to do work like that in and really don't want to do it in my open driveway. Thinking about taking it up to Big Pine and just letting them do it for me.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,633 Posts
I am a bit disappointed in myself for not following a strict PM of the CVT system.
The service was done at a shop at 2500 miles and all was well. I had planned to service myself but life got in the way and I let the servicing go. I figured I could go longer between the service because all I do is putt putt around hard pack.
BOY, WAS I WRONG! Take the lesson from my costly mistake.
I ordered parts online from Babbitt, Partzilla and Hunterworks. I already received from Hunterworks but the OEM parts are delayed until 10/27. A total of 8 weeks out for oil seals and o-rings.
The secondary needs complete replacement. The primary needs a complete rebuild.
The secondary spring cup was completely destroyed, the rollers were about through and about to pop out. I guess I am glad I caught it before it grenaded.
I know it’s my fault for not following the service but it is a pretty aggressive schedule, it needs to be followed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If everything was fine at 2,500 miles how many miles were you at when you finally serviced it and noticed the issues?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts