Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to purchase my first brand new sxs, and ive narrowed it down to the rmax4 xrt or x4 xrt. what is a fair price to offer? If msrp is 23999 + destination 875, what % off msrp is possible?

tia

·
Registered
447 Posts
getting anything less than msrp right now will be lucky for you. all sxs' are flying off the show room floors

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
1,857 Posts
Agreed. Even though I've heard of a couple people getting some decent deals now that they've been out for several months. I paid msrp myself. The first time in my life for a large purchase like that. Not complaining though because I got pretty good $$$$ from selling my X4 so I ended up with a pretty good down payment. Aslo I bought mine from a great dealership that didn't charge me any BS fees. I also got mine a month after they came out and was probably the first to own a 4 seater in Utah. They definitely weren't cutting any deals at that time.

·
Registered
175 Posts
If, and that's a BIG if, Yamaha production catches up to demand then perhaps by late summer you might find a slightly better deal then MSRP. Until then you will have to pay what the market bears. And it is a seller's market!

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
depends on where you are at. Update your profile and you can show an area or state or city to help others know what to say....

·
Premium Member
2021 RMAX4 XTR
489 Posts
getting anything less than msrp right now will be lucky for you. all sxs' are flying off the show room floors
If they are Yamaha's yes they are flying out of the showrooms, around here most dealerships are overloaded with Polaris and Kawasaki's but no Yamaha's or very little if any.
As a Yamaha guy it speaks volumes on the positive side of things !

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
I think that has more to do with Yamaha having a bigger problem getting units out them them out selling others. I can pretty much guarantee Polaris is out selling Yamaha by a wide margin and I see more KRX's around here then all models of Yamaha combined.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I think that has more to do with Yamaha having a bigger problem getting units out them them out selling others. I can pretty much guarantee Polaris is out selling Yamaha by a wide margin and I see more KRX's around here then all models of Yamaha combined.
I agree with you to a point - yes, I'm sure they're still outselling Yamaha. I think credit has to be given to Yamaha to launch a new machine that offers much of what the market has been asking for though. I mean, in the past, the only SXS that drew much of a buzz was the X series 850s due to something bigger than a 700 single coming with tuning forks. No doubt there are delivery issues and Yamaha is backed up on manufacturing. I live in the heart of Popo country and most times, I'm the only Yamaha that I see on the trail. However, I do think there are a lot of people that are moving over to Yamaha now that their perceived needs in a new SXS are being met.

EDIT: I forgot to take into account the YXZ. That definitely turned some heads too.

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
I agree the Rmax is a big step up for Yamaha. I would bet Polaris out sells every other manufacture put together, at least around here by 3:1. In 2500 miles on the trails I saw 1 other Wolverine out there. I see at least 1 KRX every trip, usually 3 or 4. It's about the same for Can am. I few years ago I would see YXZ's but don't see many anymore. I think I'm still more likely to see a Rhino than any other Yamaha.

Reactions: MNDirtRider

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 XT-R 1000
228 Posts
Just under $25K OTD (all fees and 7.75% sales tax) in southern CA. RMAX4 XTR 1000. Then called Jared at Big Pine Sports the next day for a 4 year "YES" warranty for $850 (BTW---he is still offering this deal!) Many dealers add some crazy destination and set up fees....and it's not uncommon for those to be MOSTLY profit add-ons!

BTW: Last I checked, Del Amo Motorsports in Chula Vista had a 4 seater LE model available. This is where I bought mine...and I would highly recommend them!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Just under $25K OTD (all fees and 7.75% sales tax) in southern CA. RMAX4 XTR 1000. Then called Jared at Big Pine Sports the next day for a 4 year "YES" warranty for $850 (BTW---he is still offering this deal!) Many dealers add some crazy destination and set up fees....and it's not uncommon for those to be MOSTLY profit add-ons!

BTW: Last I checked, Del Amo Motorsports in Chula Vista had a 4 seater LE model available. This is where I bought mine...and I would highly recommend them!
wonder if he has that kind of deal for other makes lol

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
wonder if he has that kind of deal for other makes lol
If your talking about the warranty, Yes. They are Yamaha, Kawi and just added Can am. $828 for the KRX through him, dealer wanted $1700.

·
Registered
447 Posts
If your talking about the warranty, Yes. They are Yamaha, Kawi and just added Can am. $828 for the KRX through him, dealer wanted $1700.
well looks like i might be giving him a call when my canned ham arrives

·
Registered
13 Posts
Picked up a Rmax 4 LE for $23600 in Montana
Im about to pull the trigger on a RMAX4 TX-R here in Montana for MSRP. If you don't mind me asking, which dealer did you purchase from? I might need to give them a call.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts