Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2021 X4
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and I are in the market for another toy, sold our travel trailer (need a toy hauler) (don't know for sure if we want to replace it) and we sold our kids KFX90 ( little kids are too small for it and big kids too big for it) (also couldn't keep up on group rides) so we have 5 kids and our wolverine hauls 5 of us, so if we want to do a family ride we are always 2 seats short. I am thinking about getting a 2 seat rzr turbo (25k) but I'd have to get a 20+ ft trailer to haul both sxs (5k+) but my other options are get 2 dirt bikes for myself and my oldest (12 years old) and stuff them in the back of the truck I'd go a 450 and 125 and both would be around 14k together, or I was looking at a 2 up atv (10k$) for my wife and 1 kid to hop on which it would also go in the bed of the truck so no need for a new trailer. Or I was just thinking stick with what we have and use the funds to get a nice toy hauler and just take turns riding. We are needing suggestions or ideas on maybe a solution that we may be missing.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
CanAm 2 up gets my vote. Super stable for a four wheeler and very comfortable for the passenger!

Reactions: BubbaJo and TN_Max

·
Registered
279 Posts
If you have the money get another side x side with the larger trailer. The larger Trailer’s are earlier to back up. I can tell you this the rzr 800 fit in the back of my truck so did the rhinos they make them so much bigger now my dealer said he has never had a customer successfully load a Wolverine in there truck. Maybe they make smaller one for kids that would fit in the bed of the truck. I personally wouldn’t want to ride a 450 anymore I am a bit old for that now.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I'd second that idea!, they are comfortable for both rider and passenger and can easily carry some gear.

CanAm 2 up gets my vote. Super stable for a four wheeler and very comfortable for the passenger!

·
Registered
279 Posts
I'd second that idea!, they are comfortable for both rider and passenger and can easily carry some gear.
Side x sides with a windshield can be ran in all weather conditions and in the winter if you live in a seasonal area.

·
Registered
447 Posts
if getting a quad, go with a can-am 2 seater. Owned a 650 and it was awesome. Went everywhere the 1000 turbos went. Small enough to fit in the bed of a truck as well.

If going with a 2 seater sxs, i would honestly also go with a can-am, but do a sport, or a trail. A trail will fit in the bed of a truck as well, and will be WAY less than the cost of a 2 seater rzr.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
3,490 Posts
If you're riding all together. A turbo for example is going to be just above idle not doing much as the little tykes won't be able to keep up, nor would you want them to drive like that. I am sure.

As you're on the forum you'd likely heard reliability is not a forte of Polaris. I you don't mind spending valuable riding time fixing it while out or back it ruins the experience. Reliabiliy is key, you're out there as a family. Great, and enjoy together. A long flat bed dual axle will carry two whatever pretty much. Its parking and getting back up in some places maybe a challenge. Got to think about that.

Two SxS give you 6 or 8 seats total, depending on model.

·
Registered
447 Posts
or get a defender with the bench seat in the front, bed in the back, and buy a plow for it and use it as a work horse around the house..

Trailers wont be too much of an issue, but that depends on factors of space for storage, access to areas for riding, etc

·
Registered
702 Posts
Yep...but between a dirt bike and an ATV, to me, the ATV is a clear winner to run trails with his SxS.

Side x sides with a windshield can be ran in all weather conditions and in the winter if you live in a seasonal area.

Reactions: BubbaJo

·
Registered
21 Posts
Don't buy a wheeler...go get a "fun" sxs that way everyone gets to sit in a nice cab and you will have a fun to to take out on guy trips.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Whatever you get you may want to think about resell and upgrades as with a growing family the changes can be constant and costly if that is an issue for you. Also the thought about repurposing something for the farm, if it exists now or in future plans.....From my experience, dirt bikes can ride together (if both are same level), but the rest of the group gets isolated from them for the terrain we typically ride.

Reactions: AkRyan

·
Registered
12 Posts
I say just buy a new toy hauler and a new sxs. It's only money.
Not sure what you have for a camp trailer and its length but your in Idaho so just add a trailer to the back of the camper. Just keep under 75ft.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts