Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up an RMax 4 LE last week. I’m looking for help locating the prewired plugs. I’m adding the Warn hub so the winch can be operated with an app on my phone.

I will probably buy the plugs from Yamaha to add accessories.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX 2 XT-R
364 Posts
Picked up an RMax 4 LE last week. I’m looking for help locating the prewired plugs. I’m adding the Warn hub so the winch can be operated with an app on my phone.

I will probably buy the plugs from Yamaha to add accessories.
Please see picture attached. They are located behind the firewall on the driver's side. I bought the Yamaha plugs and just used one for hooking up my Warn hub receiver. Plug n play makes things so much easier that's for sure.
Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire

Reactions: Wraith

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha RMAX 2 XT-R 1000
1,540 Posts
If you have trouble finding the Yamaha plugs, Talon acc. plugs also work. I also just whacked one off and used solder / heat shrink butt splice combo connectors on one of mine.

Reactions: Hahny

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am assuming these are all fused, but how many amps? I have a 40" lightbar and rock lights, whip lights (which my wife one in a chinese auction or I wouldn't have because I don't care for them), and a turn signal kit to put on yet. Can I use these plugs or is that too much draw?

·
Registered
797 Posts
You usually going to be better off doing it right from the start and setup some relays to switch the loads fed from the battery. Each relay fed with a separate fuse and controlled through the prewired positive so come on with key. You can feed one end of coils with the prewired positive and use the negative side to go to your switches feeding the negative to switch them.

So many options available and ways to do your accessories but best if each one if fused separately. When a whip shorts you don't wanna loose your other lighting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts