Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
557 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
I truly do not know why they make models without EPS...and I am even more perplexed as to why anyone would buy one without it. If you want factory EPS performance then you should have bought a unit that had it. I will NEVER buy another OHV of any kind without factory EPS....not getting any younger and the aches and pains are there now every day.

That said, EPS was never available for the 450 rhinos and a couple years back I bought my dad a SuperATV version EPS for it as a present and had the local dealer install it. I think it was around $1,000 all together. Worth every single penny every single time you get in the machine. No, it is not progressive like the factory units, but it is still SO MUCH BETTER than not having it.

We are now at the point of renting a wolverine every time we going riding out west, because the cost of fuel pulling the rhino in a trailer easily pays for a day of rental...and the wolverine is light years ahead of the rhino in ride, room and comfort. Plus no insurance, no plate fees, no trail sticker fees, no washing the machine, no nothing...pay your $$ and walk away. After renting 1 last year that did not have EPS, I told the rental owner this year that if he is out of EPS units for any time this year, we will reschedule our trip for when one is available. It is that much of a difference.

·
Registered
178 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm getting a really good deal on a 16' R Spec but it doesn't have the EPS. The price is right so I'm picking it up tonight and ordering the EZ Steer tomorrow I wanted a EPS unit but a $9,500 out the door steered me to one without it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
That was pretty much the same thing that made me buy the base model Wolverine. There were no RSPEC non EPS models available so the price difference between the base model and the RSPEC EPS was over $4k. Not many options here in Anchorage AK. But I have got to customize my machine with all the money I saved and it does absolutely everything I ask of it. Enjoy your new Wolverine!

Reactions: CDNinSK and MORSNO

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks man! Took it out yesterday and I know I made the right decision. They are amazing here on the trails of the east coast. Went through some pretty wicked stuff and kept on going. Very happy with this machine. I'll be ordering the power steering this week!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.