Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Hate to break the bad news but I just had my 2020 X4 in for the same problem. Turns out the sensor that tells the computer how much power to send to the electric power steering motor was bad. Unfortunately the sensor is not replaceable and the whole power steering gearbox required replacement. I dodged a bullet because mine was covered by the YES warranty so $0 out of pocket. If I didn't have the warranty repair would have been close to $2000. Part alone is around $1500. Best of luck
Glad to hear it was under warranty. Mine seems to be fine now. Runs straight, returns to center. I really think it was all about taking the shaft off the steering rack and allowing the rack to center and then putting the shaft back on. Maybe it was just coincidence but since I did that, everything works great.

·
Registered
100 Posts
My Gen1 has intermittently pulled to the right before at times and continues to do so to this day with over 7000km on it. I had checked tire pressure, and alignment when it first started happening and it was all good, the issue would come and go so I figured it was electronic in nature. When it would resurface, I would get pissed at it and jerk wheel hard to left. No idea if it corrected some sensor calibration issue, or complete coincidence.....but it works for me every time....sometimes not immediately, but not too long after.

Reactions: kremerps
41 - 42 of 42 Posts